Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ericjwi

papaya leaves started sagging

ericjwi
15 years ago

I have a container papaya that I purchased around June, its about 4 or 5ft tall. When I first purchased it, I moved it from a 5gal container to a 10gal container. The roots were not tight at all even in the 5gal container. It lost about 8 baby papayas that were growing and some leaves but the big one is still on.

After a month or so it started to pick back up and grow again, that baby fruit that was 5in circumference is now 7.5in. About 3 days ago some new flowers started coming in and it looked just fine. Then all of a sudden last night when I looked at it, the leaves were all completely sagging all of a sudden (I'll post a pic when I get home). It survived with 2-3 watterings a week during the summer and 100+F temperatures just fine. The only difference is its about 85-90F for the high and 60-65F for the low and I reduced the wattering a bit. I thought it had a hard time with 60F temperatures but the smaller one I moved into the ground last weekend looks fine. The only reason I didn't move this one yet is I didn't want to stress the fruit.

Comments (2)