Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Bougainvillea is this?

Posted by blackdove 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 5:07

Thus far, I haven't found a similar photo/reference on the net. The bracts don't seem to open up and just remain curled inwards. Somebody suggested "Popcorn", but couldn't find that either. Anybody knows?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Bougainvillea is this?

Are you sure unopened bracts are the natural and intended habit of your plant? What if that's a sign of inappropriate conditions, nutrient deficiency, disease, pest? Not suggesting any of those in particular, just giving suggestions of factors that can affect flowers on plants in general, stuff to consider/check. Don't know much about Bougs in particular except that mine won't bloom at all, so nice plant!

o
RE: What Bougainvillea is this?

Yes, that is its natural flowering habit. BTW, I already know what it is. It's called Mini Marble or Chinese Lantern.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here