Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bird of paradise buds

Posted by granniek SC Texas (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 12:08

This is my first time to have one of these plants bloom. It seems the buds are stuck or perhaps they just take a long time to unfurl? Do you ever help the covering to turn loose of the bloom? There is a brownish sticky substance at the base of the bloom. The buds have been like this now for about three/four days.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bird of paradise buds

Congrats on your plant making a flower! Only wish I had one of these plants at all but I don't and haven't. Sorry nobody had anything to say to your question. How's your plant doing now? The house plant forum would also be an appropriate place to ask questions about this or any plants in your home.

o
RE: Bird of paradise buds

I can only speak to the orange bird of paradise, my white ones have never bloomed. The last two years I have gotten my BOP to bloom and from the time the bud appears till it blooms, I estimate it is between 4-6 weeks. I have never really marked the time, but it did seem to take a long time.

Cheers,
Howard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here