Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalzone7_gw

Variegated Plumeria care

tropicalzone7
14 years ago

I just got my Variegated plumeria in the mail today and it is about 2 feet tall with 3 small leaves on it (probably somewhat dormant right now). Im going to repot it and keep it in a cooler room with temps in the mid 60s to mid 70s. My question is what to do with it once the summer comes. All my plumerias go in full sun during the summer months and are watered very well every day. They like it a lot, but since this is a variegated plant I was wondering if the leaves would burn in full sun. Also what's the growth rate on variegated plumerias?

Thanks in advance. I also might post a pic of it later when its potted up.

Comments (10)

• hanwc
    14 years ago

My variegated plumeria like the tropical full sun. However, compared to green leaves version, it prefers drier soil. Grow very fast but seems more reluctant to put out branches.

• tropicalzone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks! Ill keep it in a spot with very warm morning sun. Most of my potted plants dry out quickly so I guess my plumeria will be very happy :) i really like the look of this plumeria, and I cant wait until summer comes to bring it outside!

Thanks again and Good Luck!

• hanwc
    14 years ago

Here are my variegated one with photos taken 6 months back. Now the height is about twice of that.

{{gwi:1320360}}

{{gwi:1320361}}

• tropicalzone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow, what a beauty! The one I have is the same as the one in your second picture. Thanks for uploading the pics of yours. Unfortunately mine fell out of the pot (weak roots right now) and the leaves broke off so I have nothing to show, but some new leaves are starting to emerge so hopefully my plant will be as full as yours once summer comes.

Good luck!

• meyermike_1micha
    14 years ago

Hi Tropicalzone!

Where did you get yours? I tried last year, and never recieved my order. Now I am afraid to order again. Since you got yours, I would be less leary since you are happy.

I would like to get one...

Hancwc, amazing plants1 Thankyou for the info on care and such beautiful pictures..!

Mike

• fluffybonbon
    14 years ago

WOW!!! what soil do you used to plant plumeria ?
    mine is weak and has a few leave .
    Joy

• tropicalzone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

meyermike...
    i got mine off of ebay from a seller. I dont know if im allowed to say the name of the seller, but I will say that he currently isnt selling any plumerias right now. I have only seen him/her sell plumies 2-3 times and I was lucky that I looked for variegated plumerias when he had them. He is an American seller and I have bought plants from him in the past without problems.

I try to buy only from this country when it comes to plants because of customs and things like that, you dont know what condition it will be in when it does get here. When it gets older I can definitely trade cuttings if anyone wants them, but I dont see that happening until at least this time next year since it is still pretty young.

good luck!

• meyermike_1micha
    14 years ago

If you are not allowed to say the name of the seller, is is because he asked not to be mentioned?

Or is it an adverstisement thing here?

If the later, then here is my e-mail address and let me know in private..mikerno_1@yahoo.com

Thanks so much..:-)

• tropicalzone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It was for advertisement purposes. Ill send you an e-mail.

Good luck!

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

Please send me an e-mail too I would love to have a variegated plumie PLEASE. Thanks Marcie_new