Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ponytail73

advice pls for rescued bouganvillea

ponytail73
11 years ago

Hi Everyone! I have read threw this forum before seeking advice, but just signed up today! I must say! I have gotten a lot of great tips and you are all so kind to each other. I live in NH zone 5. I just moved to my first house 4 yrs ago and have become compleatly adicted to growing things, inside and out! Anyway, enough about me, on to my new project! I took a discarded potted bouganvillea from work late in november. It was sad looking but alive! I cut it down to live growth,so not much was left. and added dirt since pot had been dumped. so now! Its alive and growing crazy shoots all over, from the trunk part to the ends, and getting wild! not that I mind, it has to share bay window with just a few others and iv got him a little broken pitch fork to ravel up. My question really is. what now? should I be trimming off these new shoots? how much and when? and how? Iv been so grateful he lived until it hit me! I could be treating him badly and not getting desired results. Should I feed him, or wait til spring? I realize in my zone a lot of people use these as anuals. however I would like to recycle him for as many years as possable! I would appreciate any and all advice from anyone who has over wintered these and had success! Thanks for reading!

Comments (4)