Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alphapenguin

Indoor Mango tree help.

alphapenguin
14 years ago

Hey all, I have this problem with my mango tree. I bought it from Pine Island this summer, and it was doing well this summer (after it finally got over the shock) and then I had to take it indoors. Well I recently set up this grow light system down in the basement, and my mango tree doesnt look so hot. I do not see any black spot on the leaves, but many of the leaves are falling off, looking either dry and starting to curl (width wise). I have had black spot on another mango tree before and it doesnt look like that is the problem. I dont know if I am watering too much or not enough. I water it about every other day and make sure there is no pool of water in the saucer area of the pot. Unfortunately my house might just be too dry, especially with the heater on (I live in columbus and it is getting cold).

I figure my problem could be:

1.) Too much water

2.) Not enough water

3.) The Grow light is too much, and it still has to get used to it

4.) Too dry in my house.

5.) (god forbid) fungus.

I dont think it is fungus. O how I wish some mango master could come tell me what I am doing wrong>.ANy ideas are appreciated. I know I could try to somehow raise the humidity, but that would be another large task.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio