Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cherimoya, rollinia, and sugar apple

Posted by 407Bob none (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 21:57

I started cherimoya, rollinia, and sugar apple seeds indoors underlights in february of 2012. They all sprouted and grew through out the summer, outdoors. The sugar apple grew 18", the rollinia grew 24", the cherimoya grew 48". As winter approached the sugar apple stopped growing when the temperature dropped to 65f.The cherimoya stopped growing when it dropped to 50f. The rollinia kept growing quite well until it dropped to 40f. I was actually surprised that the rollinia seemed more cold tolerant than the cherimoya. All the plants were grown in the same spot with the same nutrients same water schedule. rsmith28hi@yahoo.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cherimoya, rollinia, and sugar apple

I have moved the plants indoors with the rest of my potted tropical fruit trees. The weather here in Orlando has been fluctuating too much for growth to continue. They are under a 400w mh and when the plants get accustomed to that I add a 275w sodium and wait for March.

o

The rollinia has just started sending out new growth now that it has been under the light for a week.

o

The cherimoya and sugar apple have been unresponsive to the light so far. The rollinia seems to cope with temperature swings better than the cherimoya and sugar apple. On a different note my canistels are sending out leaves very well and my pasiflora quadrangulis is sending out new growth.

o

Hi. I tried getting a sugar apple grow from seed and was unsuccessful. It never sprouted. What kind of conditions did you use to sprout the seeds?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here