Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjpickart

dwarf tropicals! in need of!

sjpickart
12 years ago

Hello everyone! So I live in WI and am trying to pull off the "impossible" of making a mini-tropical fruit orchard for myself. I already have a few trees like banana, tangerine, pineapple, other citrus, etc. I bought them last spring and now I'm obsessed! They did really well in the summer and are still going strong in my house now this winter. I was just in Puerto Rico and saw all the fruit trees growing wild and I WANT sooo badly to have my own! I regret to inform I didn't actually get to TRY much fruit there due to a rather rushed vacation with my family, but I am in dire search of the following:

Dwarf Tropical Fruit Trees within a reasonable price range!

Dwarfs in the following:

*Mangosteens

*Rambutans

*Pulasans

*Lychees

*Spanish Limes/Quennepas

*Aecerola Cherry

*Sugar Apple

*Cacoa

*Macademia Nut

*Black Pepper Vine

*Dragon Fruit

*Longan

*Mamey Sapote

*Mango

*Avocado

*Miracle Fruit

*Passionfruit

If any of you have experience with container-gardening of any of the above list please do-tell your findings/success? All of the above would have to be permanently grown from container since I live in Wisconsin.

I can't afford to pay a ton for each plant. I am tempted to try ordering seeds but feel like I won't have NEAR the luck as I will with grafted plants. I wish I could have went actual plant shopping in Puerto Rico but like I said.. our "vacation" was rushed from place to place with no time to stop and 'smell the roses'.. or shop. :( Is it unheard of to try for $0-$20 a grafted seedling for tropicals??? Ha I'm a college student supporting herself trying to go after her *mini-tropical orchard* dream. Any help you could provide would be wonderful! Thanks 'fruities'!!! :)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz