Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Hi, I got a Longan tree this fall. It is in a large pot and about 6 ft tall. I think it is mainly planted in pine fines and some type of potting soil. It has put out a little new growth since I got it. It got some leaf burn (I think) from the trip home with the wind hitting the leaves. I haven't fertilized it or anything. I have just been letting it get acclimated etc. I water it when it is almost dry on top of the dirt since its in such a large pot.

It has put out a little bit of new growth which looks healthy. It is in the greenhouse now until spring and seems to be doing okay in there. I use a propane heater for warmth on the colder nights since I live in NE FL (on a small mini-farm outside the Jax area).

Any advice on a fertilizing routine or if I should re-pot in a different medium? I grow a lot of citrus and have grown starfruit, bananas, mango and papayas, cacao so not a total newbie to tropical fruit but haven't grown Longan before.

I was also wondering when they flower (I'm thinking spring?) so when are the fruit harvested. I also don't know why variety I have so not sure if that makes a difference in when they fruit.

Thanks,

Lenette

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County