Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anthantropical

Greenhouse Heater

anthantropical
10 years ago

Hi,
I have a 8x24 Greenhouse covered by 6mm twin wall polycarbonate. I wonder if anyone in here having a similar size greenhouse and using a 5 KWH electric heater to keep the greenhouse warm during winter. I am planning to buy this King 5 KWH electric heater (King KBP2406 5700-Watt), http://www.amazon.com/King-KBP2406-5700-Watt-240-Volt-Single/dp/B000PSFRTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389974211&sr=8-1&keywords=king+kbp2406. After using a portable propane heater for two months and many trips to refill my three 20lb tanks, I realized that it is expensive and inconvenience considering the cost of $20 per 20lb (or about $4.24/gallon), and refilled at least twice per month (3 20lb tanks), and waking up in middle of cold night to exchange tank to keep the heater running. I am thinking about getting a 100lb Tank to make it more convenient, but at the rate of $4.24/gallon of propane vs. 10 cent per kw of electricity, electric heater will be less expensive for me. My intention is to keep my greenhouse at around 60F during cold winter. Living in Fairfax, Virginia, it might be a challenge because we get many nights with temperature between 10F and 20F, but low average is about 28F. Please let me know what you think.

I appreciate all input.
Thank you so much!!!!
Tuan

Comments (4)