Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jujube plant pictures

Posted by bunti 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 13:26

I have got 2 jujube plants 2 years ago. they are setting flowers, but not fruits. I have got them from willisorchards.
the varieties are GA 866, Li Jujube. they are 6 feet tall.

I have got one indian jujube one year ago from jenetropicals. I wish they set fruits this year.

Please share your jujube tree photos. I would love to see them fruiting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jujube plant pictures

• Posted by brute Florida 9B (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 8:25

I wish I could!
Mine aren't fruiting either! They are big healthy trees and flower like crazy, but for the second year in a row, have failed to fruit.

o

ive got 2.
1 in the ground and one in a pot.
i will try to post pics later, but they lost all their leaves and they are only like 8-10 inches tall

are they supposed to lose leaves in winter ?
the potted one is in a greenhouse, but it may have lost the leaves before the greenhouse was built, just 2-3 weeks ago

o

It's perfectly normal for jujube trees to lose their leaves in winter. Don't worry about it.

Nikitas

o

Does any one has Contorted jujube? I have limited space. It is worth having? How does it taste?

Photos of the plant will be appreciated.

o

I have a contorted Jujube and a Thai jujube. They're both about 5-6 ft tall and were just planted last year. The contorted variety has no leaves now. The Thai jujube has a lot of grrowth and has all its leaves are intact, but it has a disease problem now. Lots of black spots. I don't know what they are.

o

Banana fan, i heard that thai and indian jujubes are not cold hardy.

DO you know what zone is good for Thai and indian jujube?

o

I really have no idea. I would imagine the warmer the temperature the better.

Maybe you can plant them in a pot if you're concerned that your planting zone is too cold for them. Here's a link that might be helpful.

http://www.ehow.com/how_12083446_grow-jujube-tree-container.html

o

Mine fruited first year after transplanting, only about 4-5 fruits. They were delicious. The tree got lanky but still produced a few fruits, but didn't ripen well. Had a few more fruits this year, but it was a struggle. I think it will be coming out this year. Maybe a lychee instead. Jujube puts out lots of flowers and few fruits for the effort.

o

I have 3 varieties and they have had flowers the last 2 years but no fruit :(

o

what's the flowering/fruiting season for indian jujubes? my chinese ones are already flowering but not the indian one.

o

I have Thai Jujube and it is starting to grow flowers.

o

My honey jar is fruiting..

here is the picture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here