Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tropic Snow Peach and others for 2013 advice.

Posted by agreenthumb tampa (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 13 at 15:02

Well here in Tampa the warmer weather are making the peach tree bloom anyone else have one of these great trees?

Also I have a tangerine tree for about 4 years and still nothing no fruit yet...anyone know when these thing produce?

Blueberry looking good also and my Myer lemon (back) and limequat (front) are a bit yellow need some advice on fertilizer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tropic Snow Peach and others for 2013 advice.

• Posted by soaht Fresno, CA 9B (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 17, 13 at 1:12

You can try fish emulsion/fertilizer and seaweed/ kelp extract on your trees as I have read that they don't burn plus they are all natural and not synthetic chemicals. But try to get the ones that say cold process as the ones with hot/warm process kill most of the micro/macro nutrients that are beneficial for your soil. As for the peach, here in central Cal many nectarines and peach have also started blooming. I'm not sure what kind of peaches and nectarines are the ones that are blooming, but they sure are. I also think tropic snow peach are supposed to bloom early hence their name"Tropic snow" and is that a little peach already forming? Well hope you get to taste it soon. And I almost forgot to mention that the fish emulsion has a pungent fishy smell that well attract critters that well want to dig in your dirt trying to look for the dead fish smell.

o
RE: Tropic Snow Peach and others for 2013 advice.

The tropic snow peach has a white flesh inside and being that you can grow it in a 9zone makes it so cool. yes that is a tiny peach growing. Last season on that tree I yeilded around 30 peaches!

I think I will continue to use that milorganite stuff. I think it is good even when fruiting to use.

Also one blueberry on the blueberry plant. Not bad for fruit trees in a screened in patio.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here