Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lychees online

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 12:43

I have decided to givfe lychee another shot this year. I went to lychee online and found that they are now offering jackfruit on a pre order basis. I have never bought from this company and I would like to consider it but a whole jackfruit would be pretty darn expensive right? has anyone done this before?
Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lychees online

Considering the high prices they charge for their lychees I would imagine the jackfruit will be equally expensive. Personally I would not pay a high price for a fruit if you have never tried it before. It would suck to pay $75 or so (just a guess) for a fruit and you end up not liking it. I would maybe consider it if you could get it for under $40 shipped but I am willing to bet they will be quite a bit more than that.

o

andrew, do you have Asian or Indian grocery markets where you live? They sell jackfruit in sections for $2/pound. You can visit a few to check if they have them. Not worth that price.

o

andrew- cant see a whole jackfruit costing less than $200 from LO including the shipping. and jackfruit is not the type of fruit that most people like to eat a ton of. its nice for a snack, but its not the type of fruit you can gorge on like mangoes or lychees or mangosteen

o

Thanks everybody for your input. I really appreciate it. It seems I will be doomed to never try this fruit, well anytime soon that is!

Hi Ashley,
I don't have any Asian or Idian stores in my area. I live in a small college town. I did go to an asian store in Buffalo but I didn't find any jackfruits but then again, I don't know exactly when to look either.

Hi lycheeluva,
I actually do know someone who did exactly what you desrcibed. They sat down to a small size fruit, cut it open and ate the whole thing, but it was like 3 or 4 people. I wish I could have had it sent to me but my friend didn't seem to think that the fruit will still be any good by the time it got here.

I am planning on a trip to South Florida this summer so maybe if I am lucky I will get to try it. I have a seedling that I got from Jacob. This tree will more than likely be nothing but a nice ornamental. However, this spring I will be getting a nice grafted Golden Nugget jackfruit. Jay told me that I would have a decent shot at getting this one to fruit.

Andrew

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here