Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are your lychees blooming yet?

Posted by bananafan 9b (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 14:50

My Lychee Hak Ip is just starting to sprout some blooms now. This year, the lychees are all slow in showing up their blooms. I don't know why.

Last year, by Feb 5, all my lychees all had spikes of blooms on them already. I wonder if it's due to the cold spell we just had here last week. Perhaps the weather isn't warm enough to stimulate the growth yet? I have been expecting my Brewster which did so well last year to at least show some signs ..., but all I have found were some tiny dried up stubs of growth stuck on the tip of each branch. I rubbed it off and hope something new will grow off of them.

For you lychee growers, if you have some update of yours to share, would appreciate hearing from you all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are your lychees blooming yet?

I think it depends on the location. My tree in 91501 started sending out flower spikes couple weeks ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here