Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azucar_sugar

Easy come......easy go!

Azucar_Sugar
13 years ago

Will still be reading & learning - no more an owner (soon)!

Life is so full of surprises, and I am a living testament to that old saying.

I got a knock on my door late Friday, in this horrible real estate down turn; I got an offer on my house. The house I just closed on less than 2 months ago.

The man that owns the 2 houses next to me has plans to build here. He was going to build on two lots, but now needs 3 lots! Nice problem, right? We should all want that problem, lol.

He confided in me that his wife (23 years his Jr, just facts, no judgment here) delivered QUADRUPLETS a month ago, Quads, 4! They had not told anyone since it was touch & go with this.

I didn't even know he was married since I have only seen him. She has been in the hospital for 18 weeks and had the babies 3 weeks ago. She is living in a condo, near the babies, sill in the hospital - feeding and growing.

They came at 32 weeks, and that's good for 4, but they were very tiny. Tiny but in great health!!

They want a much bigger house and a larg yard for their hew, big family! His offer was good, but I thought he was kidding. Just for the heck of it, I told him that I would only sell for a certain price and told him.

I figured, why not call his bluff sicne I thought he was just testing the waters. I was wrong.

Sales contract delivered to me today, quick closing. This is insane! Thank goodness I was thinking and asked for a packing company, supplies and a professional moving co. (of my choice), and he didn't even blink.

This is a desirable place to put down a large home, like he plans to do, but that's hard to do. Even in this dry market, it's hard to find a home for sale here. I got my home with stupid luck. My friend works for the accountant of the couple that sold to me, when she heard they were going to sell, she told me and I got to them prior to this going on the market.

THE TREES: My Lot is going to be the area used as their patio, pool, yard.

This neighborhood loves its trees and they like to keep it that way. All the houses here have large, old trees all over. It's the look and appeal of the place. There was a tree company out here today to look over the yard, per the buyer's request. I asked what they were planning.

He has them putting a package together to keep up the yard and trees, starting my move out date. I was glad to know he wants to keep the trees healthy. Many of the trees will go on to have a happy and very well kept life.

My fast friends - I am going condo for now. I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM MOVING AGAIN!

LESSON: You never know what's around the corner! I hope it's only the best things, for all of the fruit lovers here.

YES, of course I will stil be lurking! :-) Azucar.

Comments (6)

• hmhausman
    13 years ago

Happy moving! Nice to have almost been of assistance to you in your new home and garden. Let us know when you land in some land again and want to get into this crazy hobby. Take good care.

Harry

• Azucar_Sugar
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Harry,

One thing I have learned here, is that you are all far more knowledgeable that I am about this topic. Also, you all have a zealous passion for this process.

I don't know if my desire for this hobby is a much as all of yours seem to be. For example: Keeping growth logs, knowing all of the species and their history. I think I do better as a group grower, like when I assisted my family and my friends. I enjoyed the eating far too much, and the growing was lacking the "ZEST" you seem to have. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise, and I need to choose my next home based on other criteria, and maybe not so much on if it has abundant fruit trees or not.

My deepest passion is decorating & collecting art and antiques. I can talk shop, on these topics, with the best of them. Plus - it makes my heart race, like a passion should, lol.

It's been so nice reading about the dedication and support you all give each other here, not to mention the great picture tours! I will keep reading and posting when it's appropriate.

Keep that gorgeous yard of yours going; I wish you, and all the others here, the best crop this year!!

I have a general idea of where you are located, based on posts I have read in the past. If I am ever near, and have time, I will post to you and see if you reply. Maybe I can tour your yard. I know it would be amazing and I can post a report back to the bb, maybe even take some pics, with your permission. I have friends that live right near Flamingo Gardens Park, and I visit them several times a year.

Thanks for your post -- Keep on growing and enjoying!

Azucar

• hmhausman
    13 years ago

LOL...Flamingo Gardens is exactly 2.5 miles from my house. You are welcome to stop by anytime. Take care.

Harry

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Best of luck to your new place Azucar...that sure is a fast sale! Take care!

• Azucar_Sugar
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Fast and furious, puglvr, all the contracts are signed.

Inspections and appraisal start tomorrow at 7am. I just inspected and appraised for my closing and we don't foresee any issues.

I have my attorney looking it over and keeping tabs on all of the process, just to cover my backside.

It's an expedited closing without financing contingencies due to his financials. It's NOT a done deal, nothing is until you close. From what I see, it's going to happen in less than 3 weeks.

I better get to pointing, lol, I hired a packing company that starts on Friday.
    No way, no how, was I going to pack again!

Good luck and keep on growing!!

Azucar!

• Azucar_Sugar
    Original Author
    13 years ago

HMHausman, 2.5 miles, that's walking distance!

I will keep that in mind next time I am up that way. When I go to their home, we bike, walk and ride horses. Maybe we will ride up to your home on a big fat horse, lol. You never know.

I would love to see your property and hope one say that I will.

Until then,

Take care also. Azucar