Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmhausman

Lychee Blooms, etc.

hmhausman
13 years ago

Took a few more shots this morning. The lychee blooms are Mauritius and Hak Ip.

And.....isn't that cute......lady bug love is in the air in the midst of the lychee bloom

Oh, and I missed the best of my fruiting jabopticabas.

Comments (9)

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Nice Harry! Seems like there is always something going on in your orchard!

The jabopticabas, yet another fruit that I have never tried. Very interesting how the fruits form on the trunk though. I have seen these trees here before. I have even seen people like me who grow them in pots. Do you think that the fruits are so good that they shouldn't be overlooked(as far as growing in a pot?)?

Yes, I know that fruit flavor and desireability is all so highly subjective so it will be hard for you to answer this but in general what do you think of this fruit?

Andrew

• yaslan
    13 years ago

As usual, great pics, Harry!

I too have never tried the jaboticas but they look interesting and unique.

-Bo

• red_sea_me
    13 years ago

Are you just teasing Gerry? Nice photos, blooms are looking great and I'm glad you added the jabo. Jaboticabas and other cauliflorous plants are so beautiful and unusual when in bloom and carrying fruit.

incredible as always,
    -Ethan

• ohiojay
    13 years ago

Some of those jabs were the size of globes! Very beautiful. Wish I had started this plant years ago.

• Azucar_Sugar
    13 years ago

Wonderful! Isn't nature amazing?
    Sweet and delicious fruit.

Off topic again - I would be having some of these pics made into 8x10 prints. Color-lab, a progressional lab, here in FL will print quality (8 x 10) prints for a couple of dollars.

That's where many of the portrait galleries, in town, have their work printed. They just click, but they don't print. They charge people for taking the pics, and the studio; the cost of printing pics is minimal.

I would get an album and mount one on each page - it would be a beautiful documentation of your work. Not a plastic album-- an album that has large sheets to mount pics on.

I am a little push when it comes to documenting one's life, sorry!

Great pics; I think you may like to drive the Northerners a little crazy!
    That's so sad, lol. J. Kidding.

Azu

• murahilin
    13 years ago

Jay,
    So this post was inspiration for that email today huh?

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Absolutely fantastic pictures as always Harry...ahh...to live next door to you! Tropical fruit lovers dream :o)

• mango_kush
    13 years ago

Im drooling looking at that Jaboticaba

my sweatheart is in full bloom with bees swarming around it all day. I moved my sweetcliff next to it which is beginning to bud too. looks like the winter snap did the trick for them. mangos seem to be very eager to bloom too. Im hoping we get a dry harvest season

• hmhausman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My Bengal Lychee is blooming more than any other time that I remember. Here's a shot of it today.

Sponsored