Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lychee Blooms, etc.

Posted by hmhausman FL 10B (hmhausman@aol.com) on
Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 17:51

Took a few more shots this morning. The lychee blooms are Mauritius and Hak Ip.

Lychee bloom2/25/11

Mauritius Lychee bloom 2/25/11

Lychee bloom 2/25/11

Lychee bloom 2/25/11

And.....isn't that cute......lady bug love is in the air in the midst of the lychee bloom

Mauritius lychee blooms.....lady bugs, 2/25/11

Oh, and I missed the best of my fruiting jabopticabas.

Jaboticaba #2......2/25/11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lychee Blooms, etc.

Nice Harry! Seems like there is always something going on in your orchard!

The jabopticabas, yet another fruit that I have never tried. Very interesting how the fruits form on the trunk though. I have seen these trees here before. I have even seen people like me who grow them in pots. Do you think that the fruits are so good that they shouldn't be overlooked(as far as growing in a pot?)?

Yes, I know that fruit flavor and desireability is all so highly subjective so it will be hard for you to answer this but in general what do you think of this fruit?

Andrew

o

• Posted by yaslan 8 WA state (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 19:16

As usual, great pics, Harry!

I too have never tried the jaboticas but they look interesting and unique.

-Bo

o

Are you just teasing Gerry? Nice photos, blooms are looking great and I'm glad you added the jabo. Jaboticabas and other cauliflorous plants are so beautiful and unusual when in bloom and carrying fruit.

incredible as always,
-Ethan

o

Some of those jabs were the size of globes! Very beautiful. Wish I had started this plant years ago.

o

Wonderful! Isn't nature amazing?
Sweet and delicious fruit.

Off topic again - I would be having some of these pics made into 8x10 prints. Color-lab, a progressional lab, here in FL will print quality (8 x 10) prints for a couple of dollars.

That's where many of the portrait galleries, in town, have their work printed. They just click, but they don't print. They charge people for taking the pics, and the studio; the cost of printing pics is minimal.

I would get an album and mount one on each page - it would be a beautiful documentation of your work. Not a plastic album-- an album that has large sheets to mount pics on.

I am a little push when it comes to documenting one's life, sorry!

Great pics; I think you may like to drive the Northerners a little crazy!
That's so sad, lol. J. Kidding.

Azu

o

Jay,
So this post was inspiration for that email today huh?

o

Absolutely fantastic pictures as always Harry...ahh...to live next door to you! Tropical fruit lovers dream :o)

o

Im drooling looking at that Jaboticaba

my sweatheart is in full bloom with bees swarming around it all day. I moved my sweetcliff next to it which is beginning to bud too. looks like the winter snap did the trick for them. mangos seem to be very eager to bloom too. Im hoping we get a dry harvest season

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

My Bengal Lychee is blooming more than any other time that I remember. Here's a shot of it today.

Bengal Lychee 2/27/11

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here