Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Lychee Trees Update

Posted by bananafan 9b (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 20:11

My Hak Ip is sending out a number of spikes that have buds on them. Sweetheart too is slowly showing up some buds. However, I'm disappointed with my Brewster this year. It bloomed beautifully last year, but now it's not even sending out any new flushes. My Mauritius is showing a lot of new flushes, but going no where. Mauritius is close to 10 years old and has never fruited. I wonder if it's a seedling and not an air-layered one as indicated by a local plant vendor who sold me the tree. The other lychees are all at least 6-7 years old.

Anyway, I decided to clip off some of the tips from my Brewster and see what it will do. I know this probably isn't the time to prune...., but I want to keep it manageable. If it's not flowering, I guess there's not much to lose there. I should also remember that Lychees are alternate bearers, so perhaps my Brewster is on its sabbatical.

How are your lychees doing? Are they in bloom already?

Here are some pictures of my Hak Ip and Sweetheart:

# 1 - Hak Ip's Bloom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Lychee Trees Update

# 2 - Hak Ip's bloom

o
RE: My Lychee Trees Update

My Sweetheart lychee is pushing out a lot of flower spikes. My Hak Ip is just starting to show a up coming flush of something, either growth or flowers.

DM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here