Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mangodog_gw

One Mango's view of Winter

mangodog
13 years ago

Don't think the desert is always boringly hot......MangoD

Chocolate Mountains to the South (and Tahquitz Creek in foreground)

San Jacinto Mountains to the West

San Bernardino Mountains to the distant North

Comments (13)

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Beautifull scenery!
    Reminds me a lot of Phoenix when I lived there for a very short time.
    Andrew

• zands
    13 years ago

Very nice photos. You have a hydraulic civilization out there. While in Florida the rain falls equally on the just and the unjust and equally on their mango trees.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Love the pictures...that's one thing I do miss is the mountains living here in FL. I lived in CA for several years, lived in Lancaster/Palmdale area for a little over 2 years...and talk about hot and dry in summer and freezing cold in the winter,lol...

• mullenium
    13 years ago

ahh good ol san bernadino mtns.. we own a cabin up in big bear.. its about a 5 hour drive from here just south of phoenix

• mangodog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, Andrew - Phoenix would be the closest thing to here....

Zands - Hydraulic Civilization - Los Angeles for sure, here, perhaps, though I hear we have a huge aquafer underground from when all the snow in the mountains facing us melts each year - but I can not confirm that

Pugsy - Palmdale is kind of barren and out of the way with some nice extreme temps like here, but not quite as bad as us....but mountains, yes, quite young of course and everywhere....

Cool Mulls - Big Bear is THE spot to be in the dead of summer, eh? So nice and cool and green - do you still make the trip every year to the cabin?

MangoSmoochingPooch

• swrancher
    13 years ago

Wow thats a great view. I moved back to Florida a few years ago after spending a a couple years living in Walnut Creek. One of the things I miss most are the Mountain views that are almost everywhere you look. South Florida's only mountain views are better known as landfills.

• yaslan
    13 years ago

I love the palm trees and cascading mountains! That's a priceless view!!

-Bo

• mullenium
    13 years ago

yeah we usually make the trip once a year, the wife and I grew up in San Diego and moved here to PHX about 3-4 years ago so it used to be just couple hour drive..

• mangodog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

just wanted to add a couple more snowy mountain shots....one is rather precious.....mangodog

...oh....this is a snowball that came to life..... (Gracie)

...and a better one of the San Bernardino's again, along one of our million golf courses....

• zands
    13 years ago

How 'bout a photo of Frank Sinatra's house?
    That snowy mountain scenery looks great contrasting with the green golf course. Beats anything we have in Florida. But we are a mango superpower and you are not.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dean Martin's house in Palm Springs

• mangodog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Zands - very modest house for Dino.....Frank Sinatra? Yeah there's a bunch of star houses out here - they don't impress me enough to want to go snap a pic of them.....and though you guys are currently the mango superpower (in the U.S. only of course) we are rising up in the West with new varieties and growers all the time.....

so keep an eye behind you to see who's sneakin' up....

lol......MANGOSTALKERDOG

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Nice pictures mangodog...LOVE Gracie :o)

• zands
    13 years ago

MangoDog>>>

Yeah Dean Martin's house was small. Look how much rock, concrete and gravel there is in the landscaping. It is as if he wanted no lawn to water in case he was away for months

Very little greenery. Kind of dry and anti-life