Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
murahilin_gw

Frankie's Nursery Order 2011

murahilin
13 years ago

I am getting ready to place an order from Frankie's and if anyone who lives in South Florida or plans to be here sometime in the next few months would like to join in to split the shipping and handling costs let me know.

Here is a link to last years order:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tropicalfruits/msg0317311010992.html

Email me or post what plants you're interested in and I will check with Frankie's to make sure they have it and what the price is.

They only have a few grafted Mayong Chid maprangs left. No Kai maprangs at all. The advantage this year is that the mayong chids are still in a peat/perlite mix so they do not need to be bare rooted. That will make the time in transit from Hawaii easier on them than the bare rooted ones we got last year.

I've provided a link to the nursery's website and on the right hand side there is a link to the "price list" with most of the trees they have. I think there might be some other trees that they have available that are not on the list and once I get an email back with those I will post them here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frankies Nursery

Comments (19)

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Sheehan,
    Thanks for the info on the maprangs. I wanted to get a grafted Mayon Chid but they probobly will be out by June when I can safely have them shipped to me.

LMAO..I realized I responded to the old post that you provided a link for! Where does the mind go when you start to get old!

Mango kush,
    Did you ever get the passionfruit from Frankies that you wanted? I do have seed grown Lilikoi. I got the seeds from a yellow fruit that my friend in Hawaii got for me. I have them in 2 pots now. The largest vines are now well over 3ft tall. I started the seeds last year but I kept neglecting to pot them up. Now there well on there way. I am hoping for looms and fruits this year.

Andrew

• murahilin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Andrew,
    If you'd I can always order the mayong chid for you and either mail it up to you once the weather is warmer up your way or if you do decide to come to FL you can pick it up. Email me if you're interested.

• jacob13
    13 years ago

Hello Friends,

Sheehan, please put me down for a Maprang. Please e-mail me and let me know if this is possible. Thanks for you time and effort in putting this together.

- Jacob

• mango_kush
    13 years ago

Andrew, I did not get the passionfruit, I did buy a a small black pepper vine which died this winter from my neglect.

I currently grow giant granadilla, yellow sunrise, purple possum and panama red, thanks for the offer but i think i have enough vines in the yard for now.

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Mango kush,

I got ya. That's a lot of vines all right! I bet you really get a lot of fruit when there in season!

I just wonder how long of a wait I have till mine start bearing fruit. They were started from seed last summer and are almost a year old now.
    Andrew

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Sheehan,
    If it's not too late, I want the Mayong Chid Maprang and a black pepper vine.

I did send you an email.

Andrew

• murahilin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Not too late. I wont be finalizing the order until next Friday or so. Until then I will keep on adding things.

• simon_grow
    13 years ago

If anyone can ship a Mayong Chid Maprang to me here in San Diego, I'll definitely take one and compensate you for your troubles.
    Simon

• sleep
    13 years ago

I would love to have a Mayong Chid Maprang, and a Maha Chanook mango if possible ...

Let me know

• murahilin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sleep,
    Email me.

• murahilin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Simon grow, email me.

• simon_grow
    13 years ago

murahilin, you got email.
    Simon

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Sheehan,
    Is anybody buying the seedling nutmeg this year? I would like to try this someday just for the hell of it. It would be super challenging for me but if Frankies seedlings really were hermaphroditic like they say, that would be awesome.
    Andrew

• murahilin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am finalizing the order in the morning so if anyone would like to add anything last minute please let me know by tonight. Thanks.

As of right now the order is:
    4 Mayong Chid maprangs
    1 Gustavia gracillima
    4 - lalee jewo scions
    2 rookman malay apple scions
    20 papaya seeds
    1 black pepper
    1 marang
    1 green eggplant tree

• sleep
    13 years ago

I picked up my Frankie's order from Sheehan today. I ordered 1 Akra Neelkiran mango tree and 2 Sindhu mango Scions for grafting. The tree is in the ground, an the wood is side veneer grafted to one of my 1 year old trees. I hope they take !

Thanks Sheehan!

Akra Neelkiran

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Hi Sleep,
    Nice mango tree! Good luck with it and your scions! I cannot wait to go my Maprang 'Mayong chid' and Black Pepper vine. Yeah, Sheehan's a great guy for doing this and for also being willing to ship them to people out of state like myself.

Andrew

• jsvand5
    13 years ago

Sheehan, What did you end up grabbing aside from the Lalee Jewo scions? Did those scions make it ok?

• murahilin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

jsvand,
    All I got was an eggplant tree(eggplant grafted onto potato tree), rookman malay apple budwood (which reminds me, I have to go graft it now), papaya seeds, and lalee jewo budwood. The lalee jewo budwood looked great. Jeff had a bunch of extra mango seedlings so he grafted them for me last night and we divided up the trees. Hopefully they all survive so I can send you a tree.

• jsvand5
    13 years ago

Eggplant tree sounds interesting. I have not heard of that before. Starting to wish I looked over frankies list a little closer.