Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Know of anyone who sells mango cuttings as scion for grafting?

Posted by Zigmund none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 11:30

Hi Mango lovers,
Do you know anyone or any nursery willing to sell/ share their cuttings?

It is so much easier to manage a shipment of cuttings (in ziplock bags with damp paper towels, placed inside a Fedex, DHL or UPS document flyer) rather than a 2-ft box of bare root plant, which would have to come complete with phytosanitary certs, an import permit, and a visit to customs to manually claim the item & pay duties without assurance of it ever being released alive.

Cuttings are better. Fedex delivers straight to ones home. All one needs is a ready rootstock & a steady hand for grafting.

Cuttings I'd truly be interested in are for alphonso, edward, carrie, keitt, neelum...any other suggestions?

These are varieties not yet found where I live. Anyone able to send me these cuttings will have the satisfaction of having propagated these in the Philippines where it gets boring to have only one type of mango to speak of. lol

I can use my Fedex/ DHL acct for pick up arrangements. I can use Paypal for payments :)

Thanks for any leads you may mention.

Sincerely,
Zigmund

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Know of anyone who sells mango cuttings as scion for grafting

Fruitlovers nursery in Hawaii, sells scions, and has a pretty good selection listed.

he has a minimum of 100 bucks, each scion is 5 dollars two minimum per variety, in other words, you could buy 10 different varieties, and get 2 scions of each.

this is his list:

Ah Ping, Brook's Late, Carrie, Excel, Fairchild, Florigon, Golden Glow, Gouveia, Haden, Harders, Harumanis, Julie, Keitt, Kensington Pride, Kent, Kurashige, Manzanilla, Mapulehu, Momi-K, Pope, Rapoza, White Pirie, Zill Late, Amrapali, Brahm Kai Mea, Cac, Chokanon, Cushman, Edward, Fukuda, Ice Cream,Jakarta, Kook Lom Krong, Lancetilla, Mallika, Nam Doc Mai, Neelum, Okrung, Pim Sane Mun, Carabao, Po Pyu Kalay, Pram Kai Mea, Smith, Torbet, Alampur Banadesh, Kasturi (Mangifera kasturi), Kuini (Mangifera odorata)

of course you could also check around with members, and other local growers to see if they can spare some scions or do some trading. best time is probably right after mango season when folks start doing their after harvest pruning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here