Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant growth enzymes, nutrients, microbes, ect...

Posted by simon_grow San Diego Zone 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 15, 11 at 12:31

Hey everyone, I just wanted to create some discussion on plant growth enzymes, nutrients, microbes, ect.... There are lots of new products out there on the market and I want to compile a list of stuff that really works. I am skeptical of many of the products out there but there are also lots of items that after doing a little bit of research should or at least sounds like it can have beneficial properties.

There's are chemicals out there like auxins, cytokinins, Gibberilic acid and someone on another thread just mentioned Fulvic Acid. The mechanisms of action for these chemicals are at least partially known and I would like to hear about any other synthetic or natural enzymes, nutrients, chemicals that might be beneficial to plants.

One of my good friends recently mentioned to me that he was using veganic nutrients. Veganic nutrients are not supposed to leave behind residues and there is no or very little build up of salts.

I personally try to grow everything organically and use beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizal fungi and try to incorporate lots of organic matter into my soil. I am also a big believer in using worms to help aerate the soil, get natural worm castings into the rhizosphere (worm castings has chitinase, breaks down chitin, chitin is what insect bodies/shells are made of)and worm poop also has its own beneficial microbes associated with it.

Please share what you are using or even something you've read that may be beneficial to plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant growth enzymes, nutrients, microbes, ect...

Simon, a good idea.
I hadn't ever even heard of the fulvic acid until I went to purchase the GA-3, and also apparently there's some use for malic acid in plants... and even then there are other gibberellins aside from the GA-3 that is available on the market... kind of mind-boggling.

Scientific gardening, cool.

:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here