Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Yard..

Posted by pj1881 10a(WPBFL) (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 17:39

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Yard..

From left to right.. UF Sun Peach, Black Sapote, Jabotacaba, Kohala Longan, Multiple Dragon Fruit, Everbearing Mulberry, Papershell Macadamia Nut, Fredricks Purple Passionfruit, Avocado (seedless), Arkin Carambola..

o

Nice plants! I also use a similar trellis.

Photobucket

o

Nice plants. Have you gotten anything from the seedless avocado tree yet. what are the avocados like?

o

I have tons of blossoms right now, and a few pea sized avo's, I may leave one or two this year..

o

Wow PJ,
nice yard, the trees are looking great. I love the look of black sapotes, so lush and green.

-Ethan

o

Nice looking trees

o

Very nice trees...great selection. Good luck!

o

Everything is looking good.
How old are the trees?
Thanks for posting.

o

SEEDLESS AVOCADO!!!

I continue to be amazed.......yeah, picture and let us know about that little fruit, pj.....and WELCOME to the forum of fruity farmers who also happen to be pretty nice people!

mangoHowler

o

pj1881,
Your trees look great. I like your dragonfruit trellis. Is the entire thing made out of pvc then wrapped with burlap?
Is your everbearing mulberry the Thai one from Excalibur?

mangodog,
Here are some pics of seedless avocados that I took at Chapman Field.

o

The Mulberry and most others are from Excalibur including a Red Morning seed/Jak (still in the pot..), I have a grafted Jak (Mai 2) and two Mangoes (Nam Doc and Fairchild) from PI, My dragon fruit is of unnamed variety, but supposedly from Vietman and self fertile.(EBAY)(white/red/pink/purple/magenta/yellow). I built the trellis at six feet high, filled and planted in concrete, the upper scaffolding is reinforced with steel and covered in PVC too.. Then finally wrapped in burlap (four layers), I have two in the ground that are identical, dont know how much to expect when I finally get to harvest?? Also, if anyone can tell me??? At what height do you cut the tip to induce the horizontal growth? I have two shoots that have JUST reached the top..

o

pj1881 your trees are really nice, great varieties.
you inspired me to consider trying dragon fruit. I have a great area I could put a trellis and give them a try. Thanks for posting the pics
Marinfla

o

PJ1881

Wow! love your collection. your trellis looks great, I am going to build me one like that. You guys are so lucky you can pick up rare ( for the rest of the country) mango varieties in a tree sale. Our Green Scene(tree sale)is two weeks away the only mango variety I've seen there is Manila but there are many other tropicals if anyone is interested in Socal the dates are April 16-17th @ Fullerton Arboretum.

JF

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here