Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pj1881

My Yard..

pj1881
13 years ago

{{gwi:1310209}}{{gwi:1310210}}{{gwi:1310211}}{{gwi:1310212}}{{gwi:1310213}}{{gwi:1310214}}{{gwi:1310215}}{{gwi:1310216}}{{gwi:1310217}}{{gwi:1310218}}{{gwi:1310219}}

Comments (13)

• pj1881
    Original Author
    13 years ago

From left to right.. UF Sun Peach, Black Sapote, Jabotacaba, Kohala Longan, Multiple Dragon Fruit, Everbearing Mulberry, Papershell Macadamia Nut, Fredricks Purple Passionfruit, Avocado (seedless), Arkin Carambola..

• pepperot
    13 years ago

Nice plants! I also use a similar trellis.

{{gwi:1310220}}

• swrancher
    13 years ago

Nice plants. Have you gotten anything from the seedless avocado tree yet. what are the avocados like?

• pj1881
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have tons of blossoms right now, and a few pea sized avo's, I may leave one or two this year..

• red_sea_me
    13 years ago

Wow PJ,
    nice yard, the trees are looking great. I love the look of black sapotes, so lush and green.

-Ethan

• squam256
    13 years ago

Nice looking trees

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Very nice trees...great selection. Good luck!

• rayandgwenn
    13 years ago

Everything is looking good.
    How old are the trees?
    Thanks for posting.

• mangodog
    13 years ago

SEEDLESS AVOCADO!!!

I continue to be amazed.......yeah, picture and let us know about that little fruit, pj.....and WELCOME to the forum of fruity farmers who also happen to be pretty nice people!

mangoHowler

• murahilin
    13 years ago

pj1881,
    Your trees look great. I like your dragonfruit trellis. Is the entire thing made out of pvc then wrapped with burlap?
    Is your everbearing mulberry the Thai one from Excalibur?

mangodog,
    Here are some pics of seedless avocados that I took at Chapman Field.

• pj1881
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The Mulberry and most others are from Excalibur including a Red Morning seed/Jak (still in the pot..), I have a grafted Jak (Mai 2) and two Mangoes (Nam Doc and Fairchild) from PI, My dragon fruit is of unnamed variety, but supposedly from Vietman and self fertile.(EBAY)(white/red/pink/purple/magenta/yellow). I built the trellis at six feet high, filled and planted in concrete, the upper scaffolding is reinforced with steel and covered in PVC too.. Then finally wrapped in burlap (four layers), I have two in the ground that are identical, dont know how much to expect when I finally get to harvest?? Also, if anyone can tell me??? At what height do you cut the tip to induce the horizontal growth? I have two shoots that have JUST reached the top..

• marinfla
    13 years ago

pj1881 your trees are really nice, great varieties.
    you inspired me to consider trying dragon fruit. I have a great area I could put a trellis and give them a try. Thanks for posting the pics
    Marinfla

• jfernandez
    13 years ago

PJ1881

Wow! love your collection. your trellis looks great, I am going to build me one like that. You guys are so lucky you can pick up rare ( for the rest of the country) mango varieties in a tree sale. Our Green Scene(tree sale)is two weeks away the only mango variety I've seen there is Manila but there are many other tropicals if anyone is interested in Socal the dates are April 16-17th @ Fullerton Arboretum.

JF

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x