Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gnappi_gw

What's blooming now?

gnappi
12 years ago

My winter has been "pins and needles" waiting for warm weather to force fruiting across my yard. This morning I swept through the yard to see what new developments are happening in the bloom department.

My Atemoya has 4 blooms on it (a VERY disappointing second bloom season in the ground) Four mangos have bloomed, though not much fruit set happened (Grrr), the carambola are as usual doing their expected best, Sapodilla has 12 or so blooms, the Papaya have been small all winter, three of my 6 guavas are doing well, Bananas as usual are "fruitful" the Brazilian cherry has done exceptionally well as is the mulberry (its first fruiting season) so is te Florida peach though it only has three flowers. Jaboticaba has 15-20 green fruits, and the HUGE avocado ERUPTED in blossoms, the dwarf pomegranate is really red with flowering and finally, the calamondin and Kumquat are looking good.

Unfortunately, the Winterset persimmon ( looks dead) Canistel, Barbados cherry, White Sapote, Mamey (too young)

Grumichama cherry, sugar apple, grapes (most look dead) and the Jakfruit (too young) and Figs (still flushing new growth) and sweetheart lychee are all devoid of flowers.

What's happening with your yards?

Gary

Comment (1)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional