Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Attn: The Dekopon on EastCoast!

Posted by tropicaliste 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 19:03

I perused my local Asian grocery, and didn't find anything interesting and out the corner of my eye I saw "Sumo" on a box in some ladies cart and nearly flipped, they had the Dekopon here in Maryland, at Lotte in Ellicott City so anyone who is interested go now while it is on sale! $9.95 a box! They're so delicious too!!

Here's my attempt at posting the pictures of the Sumo but bare with me because I've never posted pictures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Attn: The Dekopon on EastCoast!

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l517/Tropicaliste/?action=view¤t=Tropicaliste.jpg

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l517/Tropicaliste/?action=view¤t=Tropicaliste.jpg

o

I posted your pictures directly for you tropicaliste...so we can see it...Glad you got to try it! Nothing here in my area :o(

o

most WholeFoods in my area are carrying it. You might try the one closest to you to see if they have some!

o

• Posted by yaslan 8 WA state (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 20:50

tropicaliste - you're so lucky! Ever since Harry posted a thread about these hard-to-find citrus, I've been searching form them! I even went to a Japanese grocery store today and did not find any. But, wow, since you're all the way on the east coast I am certain there must be some here in Oregon/Washington! LOL

-Bo

o

Pug
Thank you I couldn't figure that stuff out after reading the how-to-post-pics posting over and over. :)

Bo
On the "Sumo" site they list "assi" as a distributor in SoCal and since their home operations are here in MD they must have shipped a portion here and since all the citrus is imported regardless it only makes sense from a business standpoint. Maybe an "assi/rhee bros./Lotte" in your area?(It's a Korean business.) :)

They're very sweet and kind of a bit like the mandarins in the can except naturally sweet than those sugary cans, very "clean" and light on the citrus flavor. Some of the bottoms are naveled and the others have no navel... interestingly the navel ones have some kind of false sour fruit attached on the inside and tonight I opened one to find the inside had turned grayblack... waste of $1.65. Also so far no seeds...(boo)

BTW the other pic(showing the pricetag):
http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l517/Tropicaliste/?action=view¤t=Tropicalist.jpg

o

Tropicaliste, sent you an email about posting pics...I tried to explain it here but the symbols wouldn't show up :o(

Here's your other picture with the Price...

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here