Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jsvand5

A few things I am looking to trade. (FL)

jsvand5
13 years ago

I recently cleared out the greenhouse for the season and have a few things that will not be able to fit after this season. I have a big Philippine mango (5'-6'), a Hak ip lychee (about 4'), a Emperor lychee (about 4'), and a Miracle fruit tree (about 2 feet and producing berries). All are too big to be shipped except maybe the miracle fruit. Just let me know what you have. I am in central FL but I'll be making a trip down to South FL this summer.

Comments (15)

• mango_kush
    13 years ago

Ill take the Miracle fruit off your hands, I think mine is toast. Let me know what you want.

If you trade for things wont your greenhouse be just as full :)

• jsvand5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yea, I am kind of looking to get rid of some things that are taking up a lot of space that I either have duplicates of or don't like the fruit of to make room for something that I might like better. I don't really have anything in mind. Just looking for something interesting that I don't already have. Let me know what you have available.

• sleep
    13 years ago

I have a Cogshall mango in a 25 gallon pot . It is in OK condition, last season it produced 5 fruit to maturity. This year no flowers, as I did not really give it very much care. I sort of lost interest in growing a potted plant, and I already have a Cogshall in the ground. If you are interested, I will trade it for your Hak ip ..

• tropicaliste
    13 years ago

It's a shame you're all the way in FL or I would definitely be interested! Especially your mango...

:)

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

ME too I second that. I would take the Phillipine off your hands. have you had any fruit from it? I thought I remember someone saying that the Phillipine is similiar in taste to the Atualfo. If there is any truth to that, I would be on a search for the Phillipine. Ah, on second thought maybe it would be better for me not to know!!

Hey Sleep,
    When you said that your Cogshall only produced 5 fruit in a 25 gal pot, was that a normal crop for that particular variety or was that its first year? I am asking because I am growing 3 varieties in pots right now. I have Carrie, Lancetilla, and Maha Chinook. By the end of summer I will hopefully have either Mallika or Pickering, maybe both!!

Thanks for your input. I really would like to know since I have become crazed about growing mango trees in pots!

Andrew

• mango_kush
    13 years ago

while Ataulfo and Philippine are similar, they are not identical like Ataulfo/manilla/champagne may be

• sleep
    13 years ago

Andrew,

I would guess that if taken care of well, the Cogshall would have produced more. I am very much a novice with potted plants, and I pay way more attention to my in ground trees.

I also bought a 15 gallon Pickering last year from pine Island. I was amazed at how it had 5 large manogo's on it at the nursery, while it's trunk was only about as thick as my thumb. Fruit was very good. I planted it in the fall, and this year it did not flower. But I think that it would be a real winner for a potted mango.

• trini1trini
    13 years ago

jsvand5, would you be interested in a Kwai muk tree for your emperor lychee?
    T-

• jsvand5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I may be interested in the kwai muk. What is the size on it? does it produce good fruit? The emperor is flowering for me now. 3rd season in a row it has fruited for me. I'll try to take a pic for you. Do you have a pic of you kwai muk?

Sleep, could you get me a pic of your cogshall? I'll try to get a pic of the hak ip in the morning.

• sleep
    13 years ago

Cogshall this morning

• jsvand5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

wow, I was not expecting to see such a large tree. I think that may be too tall for what I need. Thanks for the offer though.

• tropicaliste
    13 years ago

Def a super nice tree. What's the issue with it, a lack of room in your collection/porch space?

:)

• trini1trini
    13 years ago

jsvand5 I'll get you a pix tomorrow. I haven't tried the fruit yet. It's an attractive tree though and not always available from what I've read. Tree is about 4' tall.

• squam256
    13 years ago

That Cogshall could use some pruning.

• trini1trini
    13 years ago

jsvand5, my camera is acting up so I'll take a photo with my phone and email it you in the morning.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor