Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lychee Tree Help

Posted by ricky07 Miami, FL (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 19:16

Hello Community, just bought a house in Miami that has a lychee tree but appears to be sick and/or infected. Most of the leaves have the tips burnt and there are white spots on the bark
I don't know why specie of lychee the tree is, but I'm hoping someone has seen this before and can assist me. Here's a picture;

Thanks in advanced

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lychee Tree Help

Hi Ricky, I had NO idea what those were so I posted your question on another fruit forum and a couple of members had this to say...

"Those white spots on the tree look like lichens. :) "

"Ya from that picture the lychee looks fine. The white sports are just lichens which dont hurt the tree. If it has burnt tips it probably just needs some fertilizer and some micro nutrients."

And here is what I found (info) on what "lichens" are from Wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichen

Congrats on your new house! Hope you get to enjoy your new Lychee tree fruits this summer...are they blooming?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here