Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone ever seen anything like this?

Posted by mango_kush 10b Hollywood FL (bryancarpen@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Mar 7, 11 at 19:19

would like to try it with mango

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone ever seen anything like this?

I've seen square melons created by boxing them but this takes it to a whole notha level. I will try the boxed squash/melon trick myself. I am no fan of shipping produce but the square items do save on shipping space.

o

I think disney does this at epcot. I forget what type of fruit they use, but they make things look like Mickey ears.

o

Yup, I've seen the odd shaped Japanese watermelons. They use a special variety that has a soft rind which can be moulded. Thats really cool, thank for sharing!

o

Mango will cook inside one of those enclosures. Pears are grown in a cooler climate. Northern China in this case.

"Gao has been working on his pear-growing technique for six years and this season he managed to grow 10,000 Buddha-shaped baby pears. Each fruit is grown in an intricate Buddha mould and ends up looking like a juicy figurine. The ingenious farmer says the locals in his home village of Hexia, northern China, have been buying his Buddha pears as soon as he picks them from the trees. Most of them think they are cute and that they bring good luck."

o

Cute idea, maybe kids would eat more fruit if they didn't look like fruit. I believe the French grow a pear in a glass bottle and then put alcohol in the bottle after harvest.

o

^Shape it into an ice cream cone or a piece of candy. lol

o

Very interesting idea.. I don't think this would work with mango's though. I think the mango seed would cause problems as the fruit grew.

Wonder if it would work on a smaller scale for a lychee..

o

....amazing bryan.....I'd love to try it on my peaches or apples....I wonder where you get the little device for shaping?

I think it's the bees knees.....mangowoofie

o

That is so cool!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here