Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jsvand5

Yellow Jaboticaba

jsvand5
13 years ago

Just in case anyone was wondering, I have a few thousand Yellow jaboticaba seeds. Since there seems to be no one who wants any I am throwing them all away.

Comments (15)

• nullzero
    13 years ago

Hehe, I would trade for some. Btw, LSU gold is rooting and Smith looks like its rooting as well.

Thank you again for those figs cuttings. If you are interested in any seeds, cuttings, etc. I can send you a list of what I have (No need for a trade, I want to get you back for your generous trade a couple months ago).

• ohiojay
    13 years ago

John...I'll take some if you don't mind. Sheehan was asking about different varieties of jab the other day. He might be interested.

Have you tasted the yellow and if so, how does it stack up against the regular? Thanks, J

• hmhausman
    13 years ago

The yellow has more of a spicy taste. But.....suffers from a terminal case of oversizedseeditis. Interesting plant, minor fruit.

Harry

• boson
    13 years ago

Hi jsvand5,

Oh, don't throw them away. I would gladly take some. I only have one Yellow Jaboticaba bush but I would like more. And if you can hold off a few more days, you can post your seeds on my new seed database.

Tomas

• murahilin
    13 years ago

Jsvand,
    Thanks for the offer but I just got 1,500 seeds of a new yellow jaboticaba variety that has extremely large fruits and fruits in less than a year. Too bad I only needed 10 seeds. I will probably throw away the rest.

• pj1881
    13 years ago

murahilin,

The seeds of the yellow you gave me last week have grown into decent sized trees, and are covered in blooms! At this rate I should have fruit by 2pm EST.

thanks!!

• ohiojay
    13 years ago

You two should go on the road together.

• jeffhagen
    13 years ago

Huh? To get that many seeds you'd need to collect the entire season's fruit from like 10 trees. You guys yankin our chains??

Jeff

• hmhausman
    13 years ago

NO, these fruit sare so seedy that it is easy to get an over abundance. In fact some fruits have two or more seeds compacted together. And, if you have just the right conditions, the seeds, if left to their own devices, will mulitply. Before you know it, you're over run with seeds. I feel your pain John and Sheehan. Been there and done that

• jeffhagen
    13 years ago

:-) I've never seen one with more than one seed per fruit. They don't seem to produce much fruit either. My 15+ year old tree gave me a few dozen or so a year before I tore it out and fed it to the chipper shredder.

The regular jaboticaba does yield thousands of seeds.

Jeff

• jsvand5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry guys, I was just screwing around with the guy that posted a request for seeds in 30 different threads last night.

• murahilin
    13 years ago

John you were kidding?? I wasn't. I disposed of all the extra seeds this morning. I got my seeds from Harry(hmhausman) and he still has hundreds left. He is more than willing to share, so anyone who might be looking for some rare yellow jaboticaba seeds please feel free to contact him by email.

• hmhausman
    13 years ago

I've been robbed! Went home today to find my seed chest broken into. The only thing they took were the yellow jaboticaba seeds! Can you believe it?? What stinking luck! I've filed a missing seeds report with the local auuthority and Fox News was out to my house to do a "JUST ONE STATION" report on the theft. I feel so violated.

Harry

• rayandgwenn
    13 years ago

Too funny!

• PRO
    ABC Discount Appliances
    8 years ago

你有嘉宝果的种子?

与我联系18170737155@163.com