Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ohiojay

Getting out

ohiojay
13 years ago

Heaters failed again over night. New plants look like crap. Add this to all the stress over the water/moisture damage to the home, the repairs and costs, the work I have YET to complete, thrips, and my wife ragging on me about all of the above...I've had it.

I do love this crap but I just can do it any longer...mentally and physically both. Just exhausted and tired of being stressed 24/7.

I don't know yet whether we are going to move into a condo locally, look for a home closer to our work, or just pull up and go to Thailand. Probably too soon for Thailand unfortunately.

My larger, unshippable plants, will go to our local conservatory. I spoke briefly with their top horticulture guy yesterday and he was quite happy to take some of these. I will inventory the rest, take pics, and put some reasonable price on them. So let me know if any of you are interested.

I have really enjoyed the forum and all of you guys to one degree or another. I'll miss you all. Thanks for all the support in the past and hope you understand now. J

Comments (20)

• lycheeluva
    13 years ago

had me there for a minute- then i saw the dateline. nice try though. what really gave it away was when you claimed to have enjoyed all of us. i know for a fact that i get on your tits big style.

• ch3rri
    13 years ago

Whew...got me for a minute too! Happy April Fool!

• zands
    13 years ago

Feet first is the only way you leave the tropical fruit mafia. Therefore I deem this post a fake

• tropicaliste
    13 years ago

Haha!
    "feetfirst"

:)

• boson
    13 years ago

Yeah, when donkeys fly.

Tomas

• murahilin
    13 years ago

Sorry to hear it was an April fools joke. Maybe next time it wont be....

• pepperot
    13 years ago

Yeah I was hoping for some flea deals. Screw April first!

• cath41
    13 years ago

Had me too. The first thought was, Ooohhh Nooo! Glad it isn't so. But I must say most of us have been there before, if only briefly.

Cath

• jsvand5
    13 years ago

Had me until the second paragraph

• ohiojay
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes...it was intended as an April fools joke. But Gerry, of all people who would/should know better, spilled the beans much sooner than I had hoped. No more squirrel recipes for him!

John...the second paragraph was the absolute truth...at least the part about being stressed 24/7!!

Thanks Sheehan...I can feel the love from here! A.H.!

Well...hope everyone had a good day. I'm back to sealing more of the exterior wall tomorrow and don't look forward to it at all.

• wanna_run_faster
    13 years ago

Lol, you had me Jay...I was just ready to post an invitation to Florida to reguvenate!

• jfernandez
    13 years ago

Hahaha, that's a good one you got me!

JF

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Lol...you completely had me till Lycheeluva spilled the beans! I'm not that quick to figure it out...so I believed it! Good one Jay!

• red_sea_me
    13 years ago

WHAT A JOKE? I was thinking, good riddance, always b!tchen about mold, house/greenhouse, thrips, how hard it is to grow mangosteen.

I'm typing this eating a homegrown mangosteen, my tree has them year round now, one of my easiest trees to grow.

• ashleysf
    13 years ago

Well, you had me there. I was feeling really sorry for you and your poor wife too. I felt a small pang to think how you could bring yourself to part with your beloved trees.
    Well, next year, I will remember! Happy April Fool's day (belated).

• mango_kush
    13 years ago

really Gerry, you could have waited until we started lowballing him for his trees

• ohiojay
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Feeling the love!!

• mangodog
    13 years ago

Yeah, Bryan, I was compilling my list of "needs" to gently send to poor O.J. in a sympathy card.....gettin' my car ready, checkin' the oil, kickin'the tires....lol....

Way to OLD SCHOOL us Jay!

MangoAnkleBiter

• lycheeluva
    13 years ago

yep- i screwed up- def would have been fun to watch the vultures circle in around jay's trees

• marinfla
    13 years ago

LO I knew it smelled April fools fishy, how many emails did you get asking to adopt your plants? LOL

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio