Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jaboticaba and white sapote ,,

Posted by amrkhalido Egypt (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 13:02

Where can i buy an air layered japoticaba instead of the long wait ,, on top trop its a seedling i think ,,
And which white sapote cultivator is the best and where to get it ,, on Top trop as well they have a variety called super sweet ,,

Thanks, Amr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jaboticaba and white sapote ,,

and what about june plum ,, does it deserve to be planted ,, or better a mango or sapote ,,

o

Suebelle white sapote is on my want list. I've heard Cuccio is good, too.

o

white zapote: i have pike, old canarian seedlings and trying to get: cuccio, lemon gold, malibu no3, reinecke, mc dill and suebelle. the fruits are suppossed to very tasty.

spondias: i liked a lot the fruits of s. dulcis in the peruvian amazon when fully ripe. s. dulcis grows and fruits very good over here. s. purpurea for some reason does not fruit neither in tenerife nor in israel. the reason is unnown.

sapote? you mean pouteria sapota? it suffers when humidity drops too much and drops the fruit. the pantin cultivar does very good in wind protected areas with propper irrigation in my area. i would give a try..

you can take a look what exotics are sold in isreal. i think the climate should be similar to yours:

http://www.fruit.co.il/fruit/Forms/en/Catalog.aspx

o

RodneyJS : do u knw where can i get it ,
pikorazi : thx for the link ,, and i meant white sapote not pouteria sapota ( mamey sapote ) which i think yes requires much humid air ,, and the june plum nt fruiting in israel is strange ,,, i will check wat is their weather range and compare to mine ,, but i think they are drier and hotter ,, my weather is dry and hot as well but the website u gave me includes nearly all tropical fruits , so maybe their weather is much different than mine ,,

Amr

o

• Posted by boson Delray BeachFlori (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 21:13

Hi Amr,

Instead of waiting 10 years or so for fruit from the regular jaboticaba. You may want to get the fast-bearing hybrid jaboticaba instead. Fruits in 3-5 years.

Tomas

o

yes Tomas i would love too ,, but where can i get it ,,

Amr

o

Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 22:21

Hi Amr,

Try Fruit Lover's Nursery in Hawaii (www.fruitlovers.com). I hope this help.

Tomas

o

They dnt ship plants ,,
Thx Tomas ,,

o

Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 8:25

Amr,

I was thinking seeds. I would think waiting 3-5 years for fruit is not that long in the world of growing fruits.

Tomas

o

I buy from oscar lots of seeds ,, but only for fun as for the predictability of the resulting fruit ,, but if the jaboticaba hybrid he is offering will come true to seed then i will give it a shot ,,

Amr

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here