Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mullenium

New Potted Mango's!

mullenium
13 years ago

Hey guys,

I got some new additions to my collection

I decided to pot them all because i was running out of room in my yard and easier to move in during winter.

The First is my new Pickering from Mickey at plantogram:

The Trunk of the Pickering

Also found this Timotayo at Lowes for $39 (its an upper V graft with only 2 growth shoots)

And I found this Gold Nugget at Lowes for only $20 bucks (price mistake) its again an upper V graft (thanks a lot la verne!) with only 1 growth shoot

Here is the free Barbados Cherry from Mickey

Pic of all my potted plants(from left to right: struggling minnola tangelo i pulled from the ground and potted up, ex bonsai'd jaboticaba [i decided I want to actually taste the fruit sooner than later], timotayo mango, gold nugget mango, pickering mango, barbados cherry, 2 tiny grafted citrus in the smaller tan pots, and some herbs in the white long container)

do you guys think these pots are big enough? the 2 larger tan pots are 24 inch glazed plastic (resin?) from walmart which say they are UV resistant, the other 2 are 22 inch high density resin double walled planters from costco.. I figured they should hold up during the phoenix summers well enough if placed toward the east side of my house giving shade in the afternoon.. i was thinking the costco plantes might be too small though? what do you all think?

i planted everything in a mix of: peat, perlite, volcanic pumice, compost soil, play sand, decomposed granite sand, and a cup of gypsum per planter

Comments (9)