Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mold on cleft graft

Posted by mullenium Az (My Page) on
Fri, May 20, 11 at 0:10

I did a cleft and veneer on a lowes Manila, after wrapping the cleft graft with rubber bands I bagged it and tied the bag off.. I now see black mold specks forming on the side, where the rubber bands are, and one side of the topped rootstock where it was chopped off is starting to Gorman fuzz

Is this graft lost? Should I remove the bag and let it breathe and try to spray off the mold?.. I've had it indoors.. I wonde if putting it out will help?

Graft was done Friday night, is it too early for the graft to possibly have taken?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mold on cleft graft

Bah." stupid auto correct. It's starting to show white fuzz on the topped exposed wood

o
Okay

I freaked out and couldn't wait for an answer, and you all are probably sleeping..

So what I did was take my neem oil and dap a napkin into it just a tiny bit.. Not drenching the napkin but just enough to saturate the corner..

I rubbed that over the mold areas, being careful not to put too much neem on the areas as I dunno what neem can do to the graft.. I just wanted to kill the mold, so sorta rubbing off the mold with a neem oil infused napkin if you will lol

Then rebagged it wi a fresh new ziplock bag tied at the base. I am thinking though maybe some air is good? Maybe I can just use the zip lock part of the bag to zip it up until it reaches the scion.. I wonder if sealing it up completely is what caused the mold? I used razor blade to cut, it was brand new and I made sure to wipe off the oil they use to keep them lubricated

o
RE: Mold on cleft graft

Mullenium, you might want to consider a copper/water mix spray.

Adiel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here