Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
off-topic- pics of my temperate fruits

Posted by lycheeluva 6/7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 2, 10 at 10:03

hope you will forgive me for posting pics of my temperate fruits as my tropicals are not doin anythin right now.

Here is a link that might be useful: pics of fruit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: off-topic- pics of my temperate fruits

Very nice and neat. Keep after the squirrels! I'm on a personal campaign against birds, squirrels, rabbits, and now geese!

o

Nice pics from your yard. I agree with ohiojay! Those pesky little creatures can cause so much havoc and damage.
Bo

o

I went out to the front porch yesterday and i saw a f****** squirrel running away from my mango trees! I couldn't believe it! They didn't do damage but I remember my nice little ponderosa tree that was given to me from my parents. They brought it back for me from Myrtle Beach. I left it outdoors, and when I woke up the next day and checked on it, all that was left was a stump! Don't know what ate it but whatever it was had to have a tough stomach!
Andrew

o

Lycheeluva, your garden looks great. Keep it up! I hope you have a bountiful harvest.
Here's a quick guide for squirrels: Gamo Whisper air rifle in .177 caliber and Beeman Kodiak Heavy Match Pellets with a 4 X 32 scope. Problem solved.

o

Looks great Gerry. You're doing quite the nice job with all the fruit set. Thanks for posting pictures. I would love to see the fruit as it matures and gets color. Should be spectacular.

Harry

o

• Posted by dghays Z10A FL Brevard (My Page) on
    Mon, May 3, 10 at 22:27

Hey Jay, be nice to the birds, but give hell to the squirrels! I mostly feel that way because the birds won't defruit a whole tree at once. Plus I'm a bird watcher and landscaped partially to feed them with a bunch of natives. So far they're not hurting my blueberries and mulberries much, able to harvest enough every day to keep me happy.

Gary

o

Look great. Where did you get your 4 in 1 cherry?

o

ch3rri- got my cherry tree from raintree- really thrilled that im getting a handful of cherries in only its 2nd leaf in my ground. should get a very respectable crop next year.

o

• Posted by eggo z10soCal LBC (My Page) on
    Tue, May 4, 10 at 15:24

yummy, how's the greengage??

o

this year will be the first year my greengage has fruited- will post once i try the fruit-

the renoowned fruit expert, david karp says green gage is his favorite fruit

Here is a link that might be useful: david karp article on greengages

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here