Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swrancher

SWRancher 5/28 Yard Update

swrancher
12 years ago

Heres a few pictures taken in my yard this morning. I also have a few new additions to my trees.

Valencia Pride Mango

Alano Sapodilla

Cushman Mango

Pickering Mango

Carrie Mango

Emperor Lychee

Mauritus Lychee

Oro Negro Avocado

Rosigold Mango

Maha Chanook Mango

Hak Ip Lychee

Brewster Lychee

Con Bi Tong Mango

Tamarind

Cogshall Mango

Ohia Lychee

(the leggy...)Keitt Mango

Po Kyu Kalay Mango

Biew Kiew Longan

Edward Mango (finally branching)

Angie Mango

Nam Doc Mai Mango

Comments (17)

• pepperot
    12 years ago

Lookin good! Do you still have the Akee? How has it grown for you?

Tom

• sleep
    12 years ago

Your trees are looking great !

Nice trunk protection and mulching. I know how much work that can entail. ... :)

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

AWESOME Yard...great looking trees, very healthy and seems to be growing really well!

Do you have any problems with "varmints" eating/stealing your fruits last year? Last year just when my only inground mangoes were ripening I found one on the ground with chew marks all over it half eaten...the very next day I had basically every fruit that was on the tree (6-7) on the ground that was viciously "attacked" with claw and teeth marks on them. I was SO furious!

Thanks for the great pictures!

• marinfla
    12 years ago

Your trees and yard look great! Thanks for the update. Everything has grown a lot and the fruit look great. Those Emperor Lychees are huge!
    If you had to recommend one variety of lychee, which one would it be?

• amrkhalido
    12 years ago

Amazing trees, i loved your lychees a lot and the cute tamarind ,,,

• bluepalm
    12 years ago

Great pics. Your trees look so healthy. And what a refined collection you have...great choices!

Best regards,
    Blue Palm

• fruit_guy
    12 years ago

Very nice collection! It was interesting to see that your 'Emporer's look nearly done and the ones at the Fruit & Spice Park are still green and unexpanded. They also had 'Bengal' there which normally looks similar to 'Brewster' but with a larger seed. For some reason the 'Brewster's look pretty small there, perhaps 3/4 the size of the others.

Speaking of lychees, they are going for $2 to $3/lb. on Krome Avenue in Dade County. I picked up 7lbs of the $2 ones (seem to be selling 'Mauritius') and 3 decent size watermelons for a 20 spot.

• mangodog
    12 years ago

SWR - Scrumptuously fabulous looking - Everything.....have you eaten anything yet? Your Pickering and VP mangos look especially happy and robust....

mangoD

• guajiro
    12 years ago

Beautiful trees swrancer! I have an Oro Negro avocado as well and can't wait to try it.
    Thanks for sharing!

• red_sea_me
    12 years ago

Wow Tony,
    the yard is looking amazing, it'll look like Harry's place in no time. I love all the fruit you are getting, the sapodilla and tamaraind are awesome.

thanks for the update, enjoy your harvest,
    -Ethan

• zands
    12 years ago

Very nice!
    Beyond your edible landscape of fruit trees and mobile chicken coops I see your neighbor's properties of green grass expanses and ornamentals.

Lotsa Lychee action

• lycheeluva
    12 years ago

great pics SW, and i'M thrilled to see you are paying the lychee its due respect. some people whose names i wont mentioned could learn a lesson from you in that respect (warren, jay, noel etc ).
    and it was great to meet you yesterday, though you really overstayed your welcome by the end of the day and it was difficult to get rid of you

• tropicalgrower89
    12 years ago

Great pics!

• sun_worshiper
    12 years ago

Great trees! How old is your emperor Lychee? It has a nice stout looking trunk. Mine put out one nice flush of leaves so far this year, but the trunk doesn't seem to be thickening up much. Just curious how long it will be before I can let mine fruit=)

• zands
    12 years ago

swrancher ----
    From what I can see your Valencia Pride is your largest. Did it live up to its billing as a "vigorous grower"? Did it grow fastest of your mangoes?

• adiel
    12 years ago

Tony, that is a beautiful collection! It is incredible how your Emperor Lychee is full of fruit. The Cushman mango is a nice tree and you can expect some beautiful, yellow, great tasting, round Mangos from that tree!

Adiel