Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmhausman

Morning Haul of Hak Ip Lychees

hmhausman
12 years ago

The first harvest of lychees this year came from Hak Ip. There's just under 45 pounds worth in this box.

From May 19, 2011

Comments (20)

• lycheeluva
    12 years ago

stunning colors. enjoy

• lycheeluva
    12 years ago

btw- they r charging an insane $9/lb for the first batch of hak ips in china town. it comes down to about $6 a pound in a week or two, but thats also crazy.

• esco_socal
    12 years ago

mmmm mmmm .... some nice looking fuji apples ya got there!!! j/k that's really awesome

Tim

• red_sea_me
    12 years ago

Boy they sure do look good! BTW, how much $ would it be to buy all your lychees right before Memorial day weekend? ;)

-Ethan

• ohiojay
    12 years ago

A box of beauties for sure. Good thing Ger isn't there right now or that box would be a lot less than 45lbs! How are they tasting this year?

• lycheeluva
    12 years ago

shout-outs, much appreciated!

• amrkhalido
    12 years ago

Amazing ,,,

I wish to see lychees on my tiny tree ,,,

Amr

• plumeriafl
    12 years ago

Pretty, thanks for sharing! I have a tiny tree in my yard, but was looking to mail-order some lychee and longan within a few weeks. Are you selling this first harvest locally or using it for personal consumption?

• hmhausman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The Hak Ip lychees are very good this year. Seems that the usual slight after taste that I find in them is less pronounced for some reason this year. I am selling locally as the supply lasts. I have several people from the Forum stopping by this evening to purchase fruit. I am getting $5 per pound for these early fruits. Anyone interested is welcomed to stop by to taste and buy.

Harry

• jsvand5
    12 years ago

Save some for me Harry... This pic is of my ENTIRE lychee crop for the year so I will definitely be in need.

• sleep
    12 years ago

Is 7:15-7:30 too late to stop by?

• hmhausman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nope......I'm here...come on down....I'll be available all evening. Jeff Hagen and Sheehan (Murahilin) will be here around that time as well.

Harry

• mangodog
    12 years ago

GREAT COLOR Harry...but I am embarrased (a little) to say I have never eaten a lychee.....what do they taste like?

mDog

• simon_grow
    12 years ago

Hey Harry, nice looking Lychees! Do your Hak Ip Lychees have small or large seeds? PIN says they have small seeds but the stuff we get here in SoCal have large seeds. I've read that youn plants may produce fruit with large seeds but once they mature, the will have a higher proportion of chicken tongue seeds.
    Do you ship lychees? Simon

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Wow...those look so delicious. Boy, I wish I lived closer!
    Thanks for the pictures at least...

• murahilin
    12 years ago

This is what I got from Harry's today:

• hmhausman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Simon:

These Hak Ip lychees all have the small "chicken tongue" seed. As far as shipping......not right now. I don't have the time to do all the packing and posting. Maybe later on in the season.

Gary:

Lychees taste like lychees. Silly of you to ask. They are sweet with a sub acid under current reminiscent of a very fleshy grape but much more exotic in flavor. Some have a very nice floral component the taste. That's best i can do.

Harry

• jacob13
    12 years ago

Hey Harry,

Unbelievable!!! Those are huge and look so nice. It's pretty interesting to see what Lychees are supposed to look like compared to the ones I can sometimes get a hold of. Those are Beautiful! You have definitely got the touch. Thanks for the Pics Harry

Jacob

• sleep
    12 years ago

I also stopped by Harry's place yesterday at the same time as murahilin. Harry gave us the "Grand Tour" of his yard. Wow, what an incredible place Harry has. I had a really nice time hangin out, talking fruit, and tasting some great fruit.

I also picked up a 4lb bag of lychee's. Very good Lychees, My wife went crazy over them!

Thanks Harry!

• sun_worshiper
    12 years ago

Yum! Those look awesome. Drooling...

Wish I lived closer!