Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
non-gritty Sapodilla fruit varieties?

Posted by ashleysf 9 San Jose, CA (My Page) on
Sun, May 30, 10 at 14:33

I love sapodilla. I ate some Alano sapodilla 6 years ago while on vacation. I remember the fruit being very sweet but a little gritty. I am wondering if there are any varieties which have absolutely no grit at all (like some of the pears that are advertised as "Buttery"). I am going to get an Alano tree anyway, but would also like to order another sapodilla tree which has non-gritty fruit. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: non-gritty Sapodilla fruit varieties?

Of all the ones I have tasted.....Hasya is the best and smoothest......IMHO.

Harry

o

My hasya is growing nicely too. It's growing a lot faster than my makok. Maybe the hasya is a more vigorous tree? I definitely like the alano. Sapodilla is great...so sweet.

o

The Silas Woods fruit is smooth as silk. It taste like a pear with brown sugar on it. The tree is dwarf in size and a heavy producer.

The link below shows the tree where the scion wood for my tree came from. It is located at the real treehouse nursery. Top buys the grafted trees from treehouse and jacks up the price. I paid $30 for mine at the treehouse.

To view the picture change the zero to letter o in the link.
http://t0ptr0picals.com/pics/garden/09/olymp/1/P4101955s.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here