Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Ohia

Posted by yaslan 8 WA (My Page) on
Mon, May 3, 10 at 16:43

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

You were all correct, I couldn't stop with just 2 tropical fruit trees!
My friend offered to buy me another lychee tree, so being a tropical-fruit-tree-enthusiast, I couldn't say no... Besides it was 75% off and priced at a whopping $25 bucks! Here she is with my almost 3 year old. This lychee is taller and lusher than my Brewster.
Bo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Ohia

Congrats on your new addition! The tree, I mean. Ok, congrats on the almost three year old too! Good luck with Pink Ohia. It is the only Ohia that I haven't tried. I had multiple Ohia trees (but lost one in the hurricane enirely and one other was badly damaged). I never knew there were any other type of Ohia. Then I heard (and bought) a Red Ohia...then a Pink Ohia. Sadly, the Pink Ohia has never fruited for me. I hope yours does better. Maybe you'll be able to tell me all about it by getting your to fruit first.

Harry

o

LOL! Thanks Harry. ( : I sure hope both my lychee and mango trees bears fruits. I can't tell you how unexpected and fantastically thrilling all four of these purchases were! ( :
Bo

o

Do you know what wholesale nursery those trees are coming from? That is a really nice sized tree for $25. I have been looking for Pink Ohia as well.

o

Harry, sorry to hear your pink ohia didn't make. But I sure hope your red ohia and other lychee trees does well for ya and bears lots of fruits this year and many more to come!

jvsand5, thanks! I think Portland Nursery was trying to get rid of their tropical fruit trees and make room for other plants. This pink ohia came from Pine Island Nursery. Good luck with your search.

Bo

o

I thought I recognized that tag on the plant. Kind of surprised they get plants from all the way down here instead of CA.

o
Pine Island

jvsand5, Portland Nursery is very reputable in our area. They must've thought extremely highly of Pine Island to buy tropical fruit trees from them instead of a nursery in CA. That's the only reason I can think of. Also, I know a lot of folks here have nothing but good things to say about Pine. I don't think I've heard anything negative. With this in mind, I am thrilled my lychee and mango trees came from Pine Island. ( :
Bo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here