Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Funny from HD 'plant expert'

Posted by ashleysf 9 San Jose, CA (My Page) on
Wed, May 5, 10 at 16:55

Every year our local HD and Lowes get in a shipment of grafted Loquat trees from LaVerne nursery. yesterday I found some Dragon Fruit from LaVerne at my local HD when I went there for picking up something else, so, I grabbed it and asked the nursery person when they would get the Loquat trees from LaVerne. She called in a "plant expert" from inside - who turned out to be a young lady barely out of her teens - she did not know anything about Loquats and after i proceeded to spell the word out to her she told me that I could instead buy a "Kumquat" as they had them in stock and they sounded similar, so should taste similar! I just left, for if i had stayed i would not have been able to control my laughter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Funny from HD 'plant expert'

LOL! Ha, ha, luckily she is not an expert in the medical field.

o

Reminds me of a story from my teens when I worked as a stock clerk for a local gorcery store. Back then, there weren't fresh tomatoes year round like we have now. In the off season, there would be canned tomatoes, of course, but there was also something called tomato aspic which was a jellied (think of a can like jellied cranberry sauce) tomato puree which could be sliced and served on a salad to add color and flavor. Well, anyway, I was new to the store and a customer came up and asked me where she might find the tomato aspic. I had no idea, had never heard of it. I thought for a minute and then directed her to the next aisle as I was sure she find it near to the toilet paper. She wasn't amused.

Harry

o

Ashley, at least you were polite enough to leave rather than breaking down laughing right in front of her. I think the look on my face would have given me away.

I found a good nursery person at one of the Lowes here in town and would go out of my way to shop there. Unfortunately they built a super walley mart right next to it so I stopped going.

thanks for the laugh,
-Ethan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here