Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bananafan

My Coconut Mango died

bananafan
10 years ago

It's a sad day for my Coconut mango. I bought it a few weeks ago. It came back looking somewhat diseased, but I cleaned it up and gave it a "hair cut" (pruning). It gave off a few nice new flushes with huge leaves after that. Then a couple of weeks later, the new flushes started to flop down. I thought it had too much water because it was sitting in a new pot with dish attached at the bottom. I usually do that to my new plants awaiting transplanting. I decided to trim off all the new growth because then the old leaves were still looking ok. I thought the pot was too wet, so I stopped watering it and let it dry off a little. However, that didn't help ... the old leaves started to shrivel off and now the plant looks dead. I think I have lost this plant. It's a sad day. I don't know if I have brought back a diseased plant. I don't know what Anthracnose disease look like. Maybe it was infected with one. Another question is whether the Coconut mango is a sensitive variety since it has only been recently introduced. Not sure what to make of it.

On a brighter note, my five other mangoes are still doing ok and many of them have grown new flushes after my pruning.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider