Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esco_socal

puglvr1 & jfernandez...

esco_socal
12 years ago

So out of the blue, I decided to do a quick search on craigslist for mangos near my area. You wouldn't believe what I stumbled upon. Check out this listing & the price. Do you recognize those two pictures? lmao...sorry guys. The tree on the left belongs to jfernandez & I believe came from Mimosa from that sale late last year?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/grd/2398230271.html

Tim

Comments (21)

• esco_socal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

oops, i meant the tree on the left is Nancy's and the other Joe's

Tim

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

OMG!! I can't believe the seller is claiming this.

"BELOW are pictures of what some of my mango trees look like!"

That is just unbelievable!

Thanks Tim for bringing this to my attention...I guess that's part of the risk we take when we post pictures on the internet. Others claiming its theirs,lol...

I guess I should view it as a compliment?

• mango_kush
    12 years ago

I'm not surprised, if you google cultivar names of fruit trees the first hit on google is often one of our threads or images

• mangodog
    12 years ago

No Esco - that's MY Keitt tree I got from Mimosa last fall! Should I write the guy and tell him i'll report him to Craigslist if he doesn't take it off his ad????

It is a bit disturbing....grrrrr...what do you guys think?

MADmangodog

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

Tim

that's MangoDog's tree not mine.The add claims that his mango fruited and they tasted great LOL you have to be really gullible to believe this dude.

JF

• rodneys
    12 years ago

Mangodog, you can flag the ad. That will take the ad down. Craigslist has a lot of scammers.

• mangodog
    12 years ago

So pugs - is that your tree with the fruit on it?

I've composed a nsaty email to him/her - do you want me to send it and tell him to delete those pics or I'll report him?

mangoRabid

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Hi MD, YES!! That is my picture. That picture was taken in July 2009.

I have a couple of pictures of it...

Its totally up to you "if" you want to pursue it. That happend to me with an Ebay seller last year. The vendor stole one of my Christmas Cactus picture that I also posted on GW and posted it as his own on his ad. I contacted him...but he NEVER responded. So I just dropped it. LMK what you decide to do.

Here's some more pictures he can steal lol...

Here it is when it bloomed January 2009
    {{gwi:55331}}
    Another shot July 2009

• esco_socal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's a compliment when the results of your sweat & tears are used as shining examples. This isn't the case. I did have a LMFAO moment seeing that ad though...

Nancy, I don't doubt your adenium, absolutely magnificent btw, is also in use by someone out there.

Sorry MangoDAWG, I thought it's Joe's for some reason. Should've figured, his pics always have green grass & yours don't.

Tim

• marinfla
    12 years ago

WOW, That is really pathetic of this seller!!

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Its really very DISHONEST of the seller to claim "what some of my mango trees look like"...ridiculous!

Tim, you're probably right about my Desert Rose picture floating around somewhere in an AD, I just haven't come acrossed it yet. Since you're a good detective...keep your eyes open,lol... Thanks for the nice comments on my DR!

• stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
    12 years ago

I have had pics taken too and used. Some-well,almost none-ask for permission. One did and wanted to use them in a book with credit..so sure,I said. She then answered I would get a free copy or DVD.That was over a year ago..that book must be some read.

• mangodog
    12 years ago

here's the nasty I just sent:

That�s not very nice to claim someone else�s trees as yours�..
    That is my tree on the right which is the one I bought from Mimosa and brought back to my home in Palm Springs and
    you stole the picture from a post I made�..AND�.the other picture is from a friend of mine who lives in Florida and she is outraged as well.

Guess I also don�t understand why you just didn�t take actual pictures of YOUR trees�...unless�..oh�right�..
    they are not as nice�.which would be my guess�.

You know what?� I�m giving you 24 hours to take both those pictures off your ad or I WILL contact
    Craigslist and let them know you are advertising falsely�.how sleazy of you�..

One Disgusted Mango Lover

• mangodog
    12 years ago

...and lo and behold this Deceptor responded:

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:02 PM
    To: Gary Hunter
    Subject: Re: Mango Trees- 15 gallon, Fruiting, Excellent Tasting - $130 (Poway)

I am sorry if i have offended you. Have you ever heard of the phrase, imitation is the best compliment? I will remove the pictures if you are going to cry so much. And in all honesty your mango trees are not the best in the world, i have a couple of 20 foot mango trees that surpass your mangos by miles. And get a life, do you just waste your day monitoring craiglist?

....and then my final response:

Ummmm�..your offending me is so strangely not the issue Tralex � it�s pretending that these are the trees you are selling and it�s simply false advertising.
    And if you have these beautiful large mango trees, why did you need to steal others' pictures???? Post your own.

You don�t make any sense. And I was not monitoring Craigslist - It was someone in our group that was hunting for mango trees and recognized the photo of my mango and another�s in your ad. So no need to turn this back on me when you are the one who violated your potential buyer�s trust, and the rules by which Craigslist is undoubtebly run.

I accept your apology, but there was no reason for you to attack after that. So I�ll just pretend that didn�t happen�..and yes please remove those two pictures from your ad.

MangoDog

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

MangoDog

Don't waste your time with this loser. I wouldn't waste a byte communicating with this fleemarket mango pusher.

JF

• mullenium
    12 years ago

Wow this guy is shady, ya why didn't he post his own photos if his trees are so amazing

• PRO
    aka1976
    7 years ago

Hey puglvr, I couldn't find the post where talked about miracle gro fertilizer. I just got one from ebay:http://m.ebay.com/itm/161979668516

its all purpose 24 tablets. I know you have used MG. Just wanted your opinion on the dosage for potted mangoes. Hope you see this post. Thanks

• puglvr1
    7 years ago

Hi Aka...Wow I just realized you ressurected a 6 year old thread. I had forgotten about this post ;o)...

As for that Miracle Grow ( tablets) link you sent me I have never used that...what I've used is this one below...its water soluble and I mix 1-2 teaspoons of fertilizer in a one gallon watering can/container...shake or stir to dissolve it and water it in...I cannot give you any advise or recommendation on the one you're asking about because I've never used it...Sorry! But as a warning: I'd be very careful using tablets on a Potted plant...it might be too concentrated for the small roots...contact the seller and see if he can give you more advise/info. Good luck!!

Miracle-Gro Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food

• bananafan2
    6 years ago

Puglvr,

Your mangoes always look so good, but that doesn't mean that others should misrepresent their products with your nice looking pictures. Imagine someone buying their products and then finding out that they are not what they should be. This feels like "plagiarism" to me. Anyway, kudos to all the good job you're doing to your plants and the nice tips you're always ready to share with others. Stay awesome :)

• PRO
    aka1976
    6 years ago

Puglvr, how do you keep your potted mango leaves from being tipburned? Hehe taugh general question eh,