Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jackfruit Culltivars

Posted by innerself 10 (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 18:16

Hi, I've been growing a number tropical fruits for years but had never consider jackfruit. Last fall I tasted the fruit and well.. I'm planting a tree...
Primary criteria for cultivar selection is flavor. The nurseries in my area (Miami)have NS1, Cheena, Mia1,Mia2,Golden Pillow in 3Gallons.I've read Golden Nugget and Black Gold x Tabuey are good, but only small and expensive sedlings may be available.
Looking for some guidance from the experts here to nudge me towards final selection (right now thinking Mia1, NS1, or Cheena)...
Thanks,
Jose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jackfruit Culltivars

Well guess I'm answering my own question...I was "in the neighborhood" by one of the nurseries so went ahead and picked up a Mia1. Hope to put it in the ground this weekend!

o

• Posted by gnappi 10 Coral Springs Fl. (My Page) on
    Mon, May 28, 12 at 10:27

Odd, I "thought" I posted to this one... well since you bought one I guess my opinion of the Gold Nugget won't help.

I have one that hasn't fruited yet, but have had them and taste is why I picked it over others. You're right they are pricey but grow real fast. Mine was ~4' tall when I put it in the ground a bit over a year ago and I topped it at 13 feet last month.

I'm told that they fruit a bit slower if grafted and should not expect fruit for another year or two.

o

• Posted by NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER (My Page) on
    Thu, May 31, 12 at 8:57

India,s No-1 Fruit & Other Plants Supplier 12 Month All Type Plants/Saplings and seeds Available in NAFEES NURSERY www.nafeesnursery.com

NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER IS A CAPITAL OF GUAVA,MANGO,LEMON PLANTS, SAPLINGS IN INDIA a complete solution of Horticulture / Herbal/ Aromatic & Medicinal Plants , Seeds, Biofartlilizar,Campost and Plants Fast Grothpowder under one roof.

Inform to All,,

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Firstly i would Like to introduce my Firm Name Nafees Nursery & Exporter located Mujasa Malihabad Lucknow U.P ( INDIA ). 09415532515 / 09936420215 / 09839886298 Our company is a Large-Scale Production ,Manufacture,Grower,Exporter,Horticultural Consultant ,Bulk Supplier, and Distributors of Best Quality Seedlins , Grafted Fruits Plants /Saplings, Ornamental Plants /Saplings, Herbals Plants /Saplings,Medicinal Plants /Saplings, Forestry Plants /Saplings, All Type Seeds, Garden Grass and Planting Material, which deals into Horticulture.
We sale all type Best Quality Seedlins , Grafted Fruits Plants Saplings,fruit trees Small 2 Feets To Big 8 Feets size without poly and With polybag grafted Mango Plants/ Saplings/ Fruit tree ,Dushari Mango Plants/ Saplings/ Fruit tree ,Amarpali Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree, Mallika Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree,Chousa Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree, Langra banarasi Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree and other Mango Plants/ Saplings / Fruit tree which are yielding is high per acre and crop is highly profitable. Cost of each plant Plz Call Me 09936420215 are Email me >nafeesnursery_exporter@yahoo.co.in

JACK FRUIT (Kathal)PLANTS VARIETY

Jack fruit Seedling Plant
Jack fruit Plant Grafted

Best Regard,s

www.nafeesnursery.com

NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER

MUJASA MALIHABAD LUCKNOW U.P INDIA

info@nafeesnursery.com ,nafeesnursery.exporter@gmail.com

nafeesnursery_exporter@yahoo.co.in

nafeesnursery_2002@rediffmail.com

Mob No>+919415532515 +919936420215 +919839886298

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.nafeesnursery.com

o

personally i don't like soft jackfruit. a lot of the soft ones have a sulfurous smell i pick up on, and i actually get nauseated by them. I like the crisp/dry varieties. the best i've had is called j30/j31. i think they have them at pine island nursery in homestead. I have golden nugget but got it before i knew that there were soft jackfruits :( hope it's ok.

o

Hello,

I planted a 4ft MAI 1 graftling in my yard in Spring 2011, it is now Spring 2013 & my tree is 14ft tall and had it's first little fruit. I don't think it will have any fruit to full maturity this year, but next year we may have a go. Gold nugget is supposed to be sweet & soft but Mai 1 is supposed to be more crisp.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here