Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll just throw this wild question out there to everyone...

Posted by mangojoe_1975 Guatemala (My Page) on
Thu, May 20, 10 at 19:02

Would anyone be interested in coming down here to Guatemala and volunteering on the Germplasm Station doing cleanup, pot-ups and planting?

How long could you stay?

What else would/could you do?

(BTW, the flight is about 2 1/2 hours from Miami.)

Thanks,

joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll just throw this wild question out there to everyone...

Wow! Are you kidding?! You post something like that and wonder what us tropical enthusiast will say?!!! This sound like heaven and of course I'd volunteer to come down to Guatemala to help clean up and pot up plants!

Bo

o
What I can do....

P.S I love to write and take pics and could stay probably a week. I'd love to learn more about this clean up project.

Bo

o

I would jump on this if I did not have to goto work. Thank you mangoejoe for posting this exciting and rare opportunity for forum members.

o

I would love to! For four weeks? July-august?

I studied politics in Germany, so don't expect high knowlegde in biology, but i have muscle, motivation (as spaniards would say) and i'm willing to learn :-)

Felipe

o

Do we get free meals which include mangosteen, lychee, mango, longan, rambutan, atemoya, etc? I'm good at planting, repotting, watering, and cleanup fruits....lol. I can only stay for a week because I have to come back and water my tropical trees. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here