Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roofis

New to dragon fruit

Roofis
9 years ago

First off, thank you all for all the information passed on through the years.

Newer home owners and we started to do some major landscaping. We have researched and researched and are almost done with the initial. It was a new construction so we had bare bones. We have added 2 peach trees, 2 kumquats, 1 sutsumi?, one m. lemon( this is our experimental tree for winterizing, 1 brown turkey fig, 1 everbearing(lasting) fig, 1 pomaagranet bush, one pomaagranet tree, 2 goji berry bush's, 4 honeyberry bushes (2 dif types for propagating), 4 pineapple guava (hedgeish), a pink lemonade blueberry bush and a southern blueberry both in 20" containers, and a loquat tree.

I have 3 named dragon fruit cuttings. I have to container them due to zone 8b. I believe I found one of my answers as to if I can put all three in the same container or separate. I plan on a 20" container for all three (unless advised otherwise). I am going to go ahead and build a moving device with wheels for it.

Question(s): can I get a recent confirmation on three cuttings to fully grow in one container please. Secondly, I have never seen a dragon fruit cacti in person, the actual fruit, nor tasted it. I have read and read and read about them. The reading peaked my curiosity enough though. In containers, how do you build a trellis? How is it secured in the pot? I've seen ideas with PVC and this is one route I think I want to go so I never have to replace unless someone here tells me otherwise with 4x4's and replacing doesn't hurt or kill the plant. I was considering doing a t connector on top just because. Ideas? Biggest reiteration though will be, will placing the trellis in the pot be enough for stabilization? If not, ideas on best way to stabilize in a container. For three, maybe a 4th if I can find a tasty tasty named type, is 20" too big, too small?

I have read hundred plus pages thus far. Good clear instructions on trellis builds within a container are lacking though. Basically I've gotten put a 4x4 in the pot, fill with your soil mixture, and walla. I'm more worried about the weight and integrity of the trellis or am I missing something from lack of experience with this cacti in general.

Thank you. I apologize for the wall of questions but I've exhausted my means from yahoo answers, google, YouTube, and local nurseries who know less about this plant than I do.

Ps: I have p haze, am beauty, and another white fleshed that starts with a g. If anyone has ideas for one more, or 3 (new planter), let me know. If you have cuttings I can buy, let me know. In a year or so, I anticipate that I'll have some cuttings to go around, along with grafts from my other plants.