Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fresh Jakfruit

Posted by yaslan 8 WA (My Page) on
Fri, May 21, 10 at 21:02

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

This Jakfruit was $1.95/lbs and incredibly sweet (even for me) but it was still good.
Andrew, I don't think it would've survived shipping. Though, I hope to get one that's not too ripe and send ya some.
Bo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fresh Jakfruit

Hello Bo,
That's fine. Just you thinking of sending it meant a lot. Honestly, I don't even know if I would be able to open it up to get to the good stuff. How much did that cost you? Okay, you describe it as sweet but any other flavors worth mentioning? I just have no idea what to expect. The fruit just doesn't scream "EAT ME!", I do want to try it someday. Maybe there will be some in Florida when I go but then again, I have no idea when they are in season either.
Andrew

o
RE: Fresh Jakfruit

Jakfruit was $40 bucks. It has a firm texture and weird aftertaste. The flavors are kind of complex and difficult to describe. I want to say it's almost pineapple-like but that would be a stretch. I think this one was too over ripe and is a bit mushy. It's not the best jakfruit. I definitely would've have 1 cherimoya over the entire jakfruit! When is your trip to Florida?
Bo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here