Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rookie2185

Miracle Fruit what soil to use when planting

rookie2185
9 years ago

I got three miracle fruit plants also known as (Synsepalum dulcificum) They are small seedlings and I followed the directions I was given on how to plant them. I was told you use 50% peat moss and 50% perlite only no other soil and make sure to keep the ph level around 5.

I am also putting them in large 24" pots After I filled the pot with the 50/50 mixture I checked the ph level and it was between 7 and 8. I was told that by using peat moss it would help keep it at a good acid level. So I decided to experiment when I planted the second plant.

I used 30% soil for pots, 30% peat moss, and 30% perlite when I checked the ph level it was at a 5. I was told to just use peat moss and perlite. The person who told me this are they wrong and do i need to add soil to the mixture? I also used filtered water to water the plants.

I have one more seedlings to plant I'm going to plant it tomorrow but I need to know should I use soil or just the peat moss and perlite only and no soil. I live in Florida and from what I understand the Florida climate is just right for the miracle fruit.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer