Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Fungi Season

Posted by carbos (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 10:28

Well, the rainy season is upon us here in south FL. Glad for the rains since we desperately need it, but my Cogshall has quickly taken on the look of a cheetah. I'm surprised because by all accounts this cultivar is disease resistant.
That said, I have sprayed twice with Southern Ag Liquid Copper Fungicide. Once about a week and a half ago, and again yesterday. Not seeing any improvement. In fact, the tree looks even more spotted. Should I be concerned? Should I switch to another product?
Any recommendations? The tree is also sending up another wave of new growth as we speak, if that needs to be considered.
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Fungi Season

I'm using "Sunniland Coppercide" and neither of my two mangos are having a current problem. Could it be that you are diluting it too much?

o

I recently bought a 32 ounce bottle of Bonide. I also got a 1 gallon sprayer. I mixed 5oz with a gallon of water. The sprayer released the mix in a fast fine spray so it clung better on the leaves and made it easier to reach under leaves and deep into the branches...so far so good for my scale problem and fungus! One within a week of the first application everything started growth flushing and no issues. I had tried the Copper and Neem Oil and it wasn't working.The Bonide was pricey $20 for the 32 oz. size but I think it was worth it.
here is a link someone posted of a picture of the bottle:

http://s907.photobucket.com/albums/ac271/vapordoc/?action=view¤t=987e6897.jpg

o

marin, that Bonide product looks interesting. Pricey, perhaps. But if it works, well worth the cost. Were you able to buy it locally? I don't recall seeing it any the Home Depot, but then again I wasn't looking for it.

o

HI Carbos, So far I think it's working better and worth the $20. I did get it at Home Depot.

o

Thank you, marin. I see my local Home Depot shows it being in stock on their website. I'll pick some up and give it a go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here