Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amrkhalido

Garcinia Indica and mexicana

amrkhalido
12 years ago

Anyone know what are the requirements for such plants, and wether they are as good as regular mangosteen or no.

Garcinia indica is also called kokam.

a picture from wikipedia ,,

Amr

Comments (12)

• murahilin
    12 years ago

Have you read the Fruit Gardener issue about G. indica?

• amrkhalido
    Original Author
    12 years ago

i didnt know about this publication ,, thanks for letting me know it :D

• murahilin
    12 years ago

Amr,
    Oscar at Fruitlovers.com has some G. indica seeds for sale if you're still interested. Also, send me an email because I have an article on G. indica that you may find interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fruit Lover's Seeds

• jsvand5
    12 years ago

Sheehan, Have you tasted these? I bought a few seeds from a different source a few weeks ago. They have not arrived yet so I am getting a little worried. Just wondering if they are worth putting in another order for them if the first ones never make it.

• murahilin
    12 years ago

I have not tasted it and I have never even seen the tree. I am not sure if anyone in FL is growing it yet. In the March/April issue of Fruit Gardener there is an article about it. Makes it sound pretty good. I am tempted to buy some seeds. Where did you buy your seeds from?

• jsvand5
    12 years ago

My seeds just came in from a guy in Mexico. I think these seeds may be a lost cause though. They were shipped on the 7th and just arrived yesterday and were sent with no peat or anything to hold moisture. Just the seeds in a plastic bag. I have them soaking now, but I am probably going to be ordering from Fruitlovers soon.

• amrkhalido
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oscar's is the best ,, but i think some how more expensive ,, but the seeds are always fresh and with a very high rate germination ,,

And regarding the fruit gardener magaxine ,, how do i subscribe ,, their website is like a maze inside with no online subscribtion service !!

• murahilin
    12 years ago

Oscar is always my first choice when it comes to buying seeds. His prices may be a bit more expensive but it usually works out to be cheaper because of the 100% delivery of the seeds due to him being within the US. Also, very high germination rates. Much better than foreign seeds.

Here is a link to join the CRFG and get the magazine. http://www.crfg.org/appl_PP.html

Make sure to get the hard copy and the electronic copy.

Jsvand,
    I wouldn't wait too long before ordering the seeds from Oscar. This is the first time I've seen that seed available on his website and it may be in limited quantities. I also don't know how long the season is.

• amrkhalido
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes murahilin ,, if you gonna order seeds from him order them now ,, cause i have been seeing them for over a month now on his website ,,

And regarding the magazine ,, is the electronic copy a PDF or viewed throght the website as a flash ,,

• boson
    12 years ago

Hi jsvand5,

I would just plant those seeds right in the soil. I got the same seeds as you from Mexico and they arrived without any most media just like yours. All seeds germinated for me. He told me that the seeds can be viable dry for months.

Tomas

• murahilin
    12 years ago

amr, I sent you a sample of the electronic copy yesterday. Did you not get it? It is a pdf.

• herrmalenko
    8 years ago

Anybody can help me with the contact of Mexican suplier?