Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lychee tree

Posted by skmiller Florida (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 13:36

I have two Lychee trees. One I grew from seed (not sure what kind it is) that is about nine years old. It has never produced, and a Emperor Lychee that I purchased 11 years ago. It was producing when I purchased it. I have had several crops from the Emperor. But for the last three years, it hasn't even flowered, let alone produced. It looks healthy.... but it isn't just my Lychee. I have two a couple of friends in the same neighborhood and their trees haven't produced or flowered either.... Is there something we can do to make sure that next spring. I thought maybe I had trimmed it at the wrong time of year, so last year I didn't even trim it.

Live in Zone 10 in palm beach.

Thanks for anybody who can help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lychee tree

Try the link below from Lycheesonline...Also what part of FL do you live in? did you have a warm winter...I had plenty of "chilling" weather for my lychee tree but I live in Central FL. I think trimming around the middle of July is suggested...Try the trimming tips. It worked for me last year, though my tree is only 3 years old...its produced 2 years in a row...not sure if its luck or the trimming lol...

As for your seedling grown lychee they can take a lot longer to produce than air layers or grafted...but I'm sure it won't be too much longer.

But, keep in mind even though you do all the right things....lychees are known to skip a year or two depending on your location and variety...sometimes they just won't produce no matter what you do :o(

Here is a link that might be useful: Tips on Getting Your Lychee Tree to Produce Fruits

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here