Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mango Seeds

Posted by wildom So Cal (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 16:09

Hi,

Is there anyone that can send me some mango seeds here in So Cal.
I can send you a prepaid envelope.
Im looking for Glen and NDM.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mango Seeds

im a novice mango hobbyist, so i dont have any seeds. maybe some of the Cali growers may have some or can point you to a reputable nursery for some grafted trees. good luck.

o

Glenn is not polyembryonic so it will not come true from seed.

The NDM is Poly, so it will come true from seed.

If you know how to graft, or know someone that does, all you need is to get some seedlings of any type mango preferably a polyembrionic. and purchase scions. Fruitlovers from Hawaii sells Scions but I think he has a 100 dollar minimum, you can also try the rare fruit council in CA or ask for scions right here.

NDM seeds are often offered on ebay. and are available from simply-thai.com

Another source may be your local asian markets, if you can find a NDM which should be in season if not soon, you can just buy the fruit and plant the seed.

The advantage of scions, is, you will have a fruiting tree

o

So you're saying the asian market which sells the "green mango" are the NDMs?
I don't know how to graft...so i'll try the market or ebay for seeds.
Thanks for the info.

o

You would need to ask at the Asian markets about the variety there are lots of different kinds, NDM is pretty popular though.

there are NDM seeds for sale on ebay also, if you cannot find them locally. and the website I mentioned before, "Simply-Thai" sells all kinds of tropical seeds, including NDM seeds, although I have ordered from Simply Thai some smaller type seeds in envelopes, I have not ordered mango seeds, so not sure on any restrictions on importing from there. Just keep checking Ebay and Craiglist , you might get lucky and find a live plant close to you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here